DVB T2 and S2 cheap recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckinnc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Western,NC
I have seem cheap satellite receivers for less than $30 on ebay, I want to buy one and use it coupled to my 7" TV, as a portable signal meter sat/locater for use at the dish. Some of these say DVB T2 and
some say DVB S2, does anyone know the difference between the two? Has anyone used one of these cheap receivers yet?

Last edited:
T2 is the terrestrial broadcast standard used in non-NTSC countries.

T2 will do you know good over here for tuning a satellite.

There might be DVB-S3 receivers...
Googled it. One andriod based unit comes up, DM800SE, and others too. Interesting. (could be a gimmick though can't find specs saying actual S3 and/or H265 capability for uHD)

Amiko is coming out with one too likely soon available through the local dealer (FridgeFTA)

I'm selling off a bunch of stuff - to go are a Satlink 6906 meter, Openbox S10, and a MicroHD. I'll be posting it to classifieds this weekend. S10 would be the cheapest.

There might be DVB-S3 receivers...
Googled it. One andriod based unit comes up, DM800SE, and others too. Interesting. (could be a gimmick though can't find specs saying actual S3 and/or H265 capability for uHD)

Amiko is coming out with one too likely soon available through the local dealer (FridgeFTA)

Are there DVB-S3 on N.A. sats yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)