DVB World and a Macbook

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Anyone using a DVB World USB box with a Mac? I have tried it, mainly because hauling the computer out for 4:2:2 feeds is a pain, but I cannot get iTele to show any tuners. I followed the directions, and it says Plus the device, assuming they mean Plug in the device....

Any suggestions?

If this is too complicated, ignore me and wait for someone else to help you out. :)

I don't know anything about that application or driver, but you should be able to verify if the driver is loading by opening Terminal and running a couple of commands:

$ ioreg -p IOUSB

This should give some output that includes something about your USB device.
For example I have a Polycom USB device plugged in and see this:
| +-o Polycom Communicator@1d200000 <class IOUSBDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 11>

The "matched" basically says some driver is loaded for the device.

$ kextstat | grep -i mmi

You should get something like this:
108 0 0x35be9000 0x11000 0x10000 org.defyne.driver.MMInput2102 (1.0.0d1) <38 12>

$ sudo dmesg

This will dump kernel messages and should have something about the MMInput driver. I don't have one of the adapters so I can't really tell you what it would say, but basically you want to see something about it finding the adapter and loading the driver.

$ ls -ltr /dev

I think your tuner should create a file in /dev/<something> and the command above will sort by date with the most recent at the bottom. If you run it before plugging in the adapter and after, you should see something like "mminput" maybe.

Hopefully someone else has this adapter and is using it on a Mac and can help you out with better information.

DVBWorld DVB-S2102 and DVBWorld HD DVB-S2 2104 USB Box

USB2102.jpg
USB-S21.gif

1.the MMInput2102 is a driver of USB2102 DVB -s device on Mac OS X 10.4.x or above.
2.It supports iTele.
3.load the driver by the following steps:
a.open a terminal.
b.copy the driver to /tmp.
sudo cp -R MMInput2102.kext /tmp

c.load the driver by the flowing command:
cd /tmp
sudo kextload -t MMInput2102.kext
d.plus in the device.
e.test it by iTele.
USB 2102 Support MAC OSX driver
DVBWorld HD DVB-S2 2104 USB Box MAC OSX Driver

I have those drivers, followed the instructions, but the tuner does not show in iTele.

part d. Do you mean plug in the device??

gillham, I will try your suggestion today.

Well, maybe this device will not work.... It is labeled as Nextorm, and windows recognizes it as a DVB-s2101

I always assumed they were the same....

I cannot get the software to see it when I use parallels. I can get the driver installed, but the software doesn't seem to see it.

Actually didn't know this laptop came with boot camp, so I installed Vista Business, and I am dual booting, with my Nextorm dvb world usb device working great. Case closed!

DVBWorld DVB-S2102 and DVBWorld HD DVB-S2 2104 USB Box

1.the MMInput2102 is a driver of USB2102 DVB -s device on Mac OS X 10.4.x or above.
2.It supports iTele.
3.load the driver by the following steps:
a.open a terminal.
b.copy the driver to /tmp.
sudo cp -R MMInput2102.kext /tmp

c.load the driver by the flowing command:
cd /tmp
sudo kextload -t MMInput2102.kext
d.plus in the device.
e.test it by iTele.

I have the DVBWorld DVB-S2 2104 USB Box. It works perfectly with Windows XP and Vista. I also have a quad processor PPC Mac running 10.4.11 and the box never works on that machine. I downloaded the link above for the 2104 and followed the instructions, substituting the different name of the 2104 kext. The kext loaded, and when I plugged the box in, it was seen because there was a new USB device listed in System Profiler. However when I started iTele and opened the Inputs window, there was nothing shown.

1. What's this?
This is a dvbs2 demo driver running on iTele. What's iTele? It's a free dtv-software of mac os x. More about it, please google "iTele". You will find a man who is eating fruit and looking at you, how do you feel? And I feel that the gay is so cool and hackful. :)
2. How to load the driver?
Please load the the driver by the following steps:
a.open a unix terminal
b.type "sudo cp -R s2_2104.kext /tmp"
c.after enter your password, type "cd /tmp"
d.type "sudo kextload -t s2_2104.kext"
e.plug in the device.
3. How to scan and play program by iTele?
Because iTele only supports DVBS, not DVBS2.And you know, DVBS2 receive operationmode is multifarious, such as NBC-QPSK 3/4, NBC-8PSK 9/10. So I think out a lazy idea to input the parameter. the rule is the follwing. If you what to lock some transpond of DVBS2,and the parameter is like this: frequency:12530000000
symbolRate:14000000
polarity: Horizontal
receive operation mode:NBC-QPSK 3/4

but iTele only provide 3 parmeter(frequency, symbolrate,polarity). So you can add the receive operation mode into the frequency like this:
frequency:12530000134 (134 --> 1 means NBC-QPSK, 34 means 3/4)
symbolRate:14000000
polarity: Horizontal
here is another sample : 12530000290 ( 290 --> 2 means NBC-8PSK,90 means 9/10 ), please edit the locationTunerParams.plist by this rule,(see s2_parameter_show.png)
if 000, iTele will lock the transpond as DVBS.For more help, please refer to the help-picture. When locking ok, and scanning some programs, there is a problem. Some program video format is H264, and you must look for some decoder,For more infomation please refer to "http://defyne.org/dvb/iTele.html".

id61c4.jpg

2pqv1n7.jpg

Last edited:
1. What's this?
This is a dvbs2 demo driver running on iTele. What's iTele? It's a free dtv-software of mac os x. More about it, please google "iTele". You will find a man who is eating fruit and looking at you, how do you feel? And I feel that the gay is so cool and hackful. :)
2. How to load the driver?
Please load the the driver by the following steps:
a.open a unix terminal
b.type "sudo cp -R s2_2104.kext /tmp"
c.after enter your password, type "cd /tmp"
d.type "sudo kextload -t s2_2104.kext"
e.plug in the device.

I've tried this series of steps several times, after downloading the latest driver. The USB box never shows up in iTele's Input window. I have a friend with a MacBook Pro and the same model box; he has the same problem. Both of us run fine on Windows.

TeVII s650

I have TeVII S650 card,and under linux it has the same drivers like dw2104, Im trying to use it under os x, found drivers from dw2104, I add IdProduct and idVendor keys from s650 into Info.plist, but after puting TeVII into USB, it failed with S2_2104_USB::start(IOUSBVendorSpecifiDevice) <1> failed

Has anybody sources from these drivers ? I downloaded CVS sources from OpenDNS but there is no support for cx24116 based cards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts