dvb world S2 trouble

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cuspidate

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Hi everyone.
I recently got a dvb world pci2004c card and for the life of me I can't get it to work with my lnb's on any program. I know my dish is setup fine because it works with my receiver box, but it just won't work with the card. The only thing I've noticed is that my box outputs 13 volts and the card outputs around 22 volts. Other than that I've reinstalled the card many times and tried every program I can find, but none of them will lock onto any transponders.
Any thoughts?

Have you checked in device manager to see if the card is installed correctly? There is newer software on the Dvbworld site, dated July 29 I think, have you tried that? I have that card here and it seems to work ok, although none of the popular dvb apps have drivers specifically for it. It will function with the older dvb-s drivers in most apps but I've found not very well.
You haven't given much info to go on, what is your setup, what is your receiver? I've found the card doesn't work well with switches. If you use switches, bypass them and try it.
Oh and by the way.........

:welcome

Thanks for the reply starman.

I'm using a dpp 3 lnb which from what i've gathered has a built in switch. The box I used it with is just some old fta box my friend had for watching foreign language sats, I'd have to ask him what it was. I have no signal stregth or quality in any application.
What drivers/programs are you using. You mentioned old dvb-s drivers, which ones?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I'm very new to this and very confused as to what may be wrong.

That DDP 3 lnb could be your problem. I've never used one of those so will have to defer to the lnb/switch gurus here......anyone want to comment?
The card will work with the drivers on the supplied cd that came with it when used with the dvbworld software. If you have that driver loaded, most of the software will at least see the card. Can you select the card in any of the apps you've tried? Which apps have you tried?

The card is found in dvb worlds own software, mytheatre, and dvb dream. I hope to get it working with mediaportal. They all see the card but none will work. I've read that the 1000.2 is a powerhog and that I might need a power injector, but once again, i'm not sure if thats the problem.
BTW do you know what the NC connection on the card is for? does it serve a function or is it really not "no connection".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)