DVBWorld 2104D Questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I'm In the process of setting up my new DVBWorld 2104D, DVB S2 USB Box. There are 2 coax connections. One is for the LNB and the other one is labeled "NC". What does "NC" stand for and what is it used for? Is that a fancy name for loop-out? Secondly, I hear that the channel names are not conventionally named, for example Galaxy 19 @ 97.0°W is not named as such but something different. How does one know which Satellite they are trying to lock?:confused:

Unfortunately "NC" stands for "No Connection"..... (It is not a loop out)

I deleted the "SatTPList.dat" file so that I can re-enter the satellites with the names I choose.

I've only used the LNB in...

The sat's are correctly named but are in the format of 360-west location.

G19 would be 360-97 = 263

I haven't tried messing with the motor control too much yet, will likely get around to that tonight. Nice idea for a separate thread tho, I'll be sure to post results/questions in here.

Unfortunately "NC" stands for "No Connection"..... (It is not a loop out)

I deleted the "SatTPList.dat" file so that I can re-enter the satellites with the names I choose.

Literally meaning “No connection”? A dead output? Why would they have an output without any function or purpose? That's kind of silly, or is it there for a future development? You deleted the "SatTPList.dat" and created a new list using editor, Notepad or Wordpad?
Literally meaning “No connection”? A dead output? Why would they have an output without any function or purpose? That's kind of silly, or is it there for a future development? You deleted the "SatTPList.dat" and created a new list using which editor, Notepad or Wordpad?

I've only used the LNB in...

The sat's are correctly named but are in the format of 360-west location.

G19 would be 360-97 = 263

I haven't tried messing with the motor control too much yet, will likely get around to that tonight. Nice idea for a separate thread tho, I'll be sure to post results/questions in here.

The degree format can be very confusing. I may have to do what qwert1515 suggested.

Oh I missed what he said...

Yeah that is an awesome idea, since the majority of those sat's don't apply. I poked around that file a bit wondering how to edit it - tried notepad it looks funky, maybe it's tab delimited? Try excel maybe (but remove those pesky " it throws in...

wonder if file can be deleted and sats added via the user interface, creating the file on the fly...I'll try later

Sweet, I know what I'm doing after work! :)

wonder if file can be deleted and sats added via the user interface, creating the file on the fly...I'll try later

Yes, that works.
The file is in an unknown format so the only other way to modify it is with a hex editor.

Last edited:
I took your advice from the other thread

Your longitude should be set to 360 - (Long °W)
So in your case it should be set to: 285.8 °E

and the default sat locations work now for me and the motor drives to everything fine...I was screwing up cuz the normal order of lat, long was backwards in the menu :)

On a side note, the blind scan is painfully slow compared to my SatHawk with H/W blind scan.

I'm thinkin the best setup will be SatHawk driving the motor and blind scanning but the LNB out on the SatHawk --> 2140D for things sathawk won't play.

I'll have to look into how to put the 2140 in this mode and know to just play whats coming at it

On a side note, the blind scan is painfully slow compared to my SatHawk with H/W blind scan.

how long does your blind scans take ? there is a one pass and a 3 pass scan setting. my pcie2006 which is essentially the same device in a different package takes an average of 2.5 minutes to scan any sat. how fast is that sathawk ?

crackt out,.

Hmm the 2140D takes between 15 - 30 min...changing no defaults. I'll have to look into the settings perhaps.

The sathawk takes about 5 min

Hmm the 2140D takes between 15 - 30 min...changing no defaults. I'll have to look into the settings perhaps.

The sathawk takes about 5 min
I have not installed mine yet, but I hear/read that there are options to choose scan speeds on the latest software. What software version are you using?

not sure offhand, whatever the latest version on Sadoun's site from 3 days ago...I'll clarify for sure later.

On the default blind scan mode (1 pass) it should only take about 3 - 4 minutes to blind scan a satellite. (2 passes) Should be about twice that time.

In the blind scan menu do you see the "Fast Blind Scan" and "Slow Blind Scan" options at the top of the page, if you do not then you have the first version of the blind scan software which was slow.

oh awesome...I'll check that out later...

any filters in the menu for FTA/TV only? I don't like finding huge lists of scrambled channels

oh awesome...I'll check that out later...

any filters in the menu for FTA/TV only? I don't like finding huge lists of scrambled channels

I like to scan "ALL". You never know some channels with $crambled sign have been known to be in the clear from time to time. There are quite a few of them on 97.0°W.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts