dvbworld pcie 2006

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vishvish

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
india
hi to everyone , this is my first post , i want to buy a dvbworld pcie 2006 card , can any one carify my some doubts
1- dose this card is capable of good fast blindscan as per site says that
2-dose this card supports 16apsk and 32 apsk modulation ? any one succedded to get ?
3-i am struck here , that this card has only BDA drivers , dose this card has WDM drivers , i read that tsreader is not compitable with this card , is it true ? why?

as now i own a card from twinhan 1020a from last 4 years , working good all softwares , so i needed to get dvb-s2 pc card so dicided to get dvbworld 2006 card , i want get all dvb softwares work with it , dose this possible ?

thanks

I had a PCIE 2006, the blind scan didn't work well for me. It missed many channels.

The software didn't work well under Windows 7 at all, so I don't know whether the problem with the blind scan was in the software or the hardware.

hi jim , thanks for your kind replay .what happened to dvbworld , thay even dint updated the drivers from long time , are thay stopped the production / and i dint find any proper support reported , as tbs products like thay have own forums for products .
but one of our fellow member in this forum says that this is very good card for blindscan , what you say about that , according to you whitch card is good for blindscan , and all software running with that my requirements are ,
decent hardware blindscan
all modulation including 16apsk , 32apsk
low symbolrate to high symbolrate
good support drivers for windows
some important dvb softwares support
ca extension slot

do you recomd any brand with all above features

thanks

hi . To all i have orderd dvbworld 2006 pci e .

Guys help to get what all third party softwares can this card handle ?

Dose this card works crazycat easy blind scan software

tsreader?
Skygrabber?
Dvbdream ?
Diseqc 1.2 . For 8 port diseqc 11?
Dose this demodulate 16 apsk and 32 apsk?

And others ?

Experts please replay me thanks

Dose this card works crazycat easy blind scan software

My understanding is no. The author is working to support this chipset, but whether or not this card will be supported is unknown.

tsreader?

Very likely through the BDA path, but that only has basic DVB support.

Skygrabber?

Don't know.

Dvbdream ?

Very likely through the BDA path. DVB Dream has generally provided decent DVB World support if you're using the latest version.

Diseqc 1.2 . For 8 port diseqc 11?

Yes to all, but this is dependent on the application properly interfacing to the driver.

Dose this demodulate 16 apsk and 32 apsk?

No

And others ?

At least DVB-S and 4PSK/8PSK for DVB-S2 (standard modes)

@ pendragon , thanks for your kind replay
My understanding is no. The author is working to support this chipset, but whether or not this card will be supported is unknown.
crazycat mentioned , this chipset will work in thaire page it has montage m88DS3000 it supports blindscan , as per the official website
Very likely through the BDA path, but that only has basic DVB support.
thanks , thats good
Very likely through the BDA path. DVB Dream has generally provided decent DVB World support if you're using the latest version.
thaks for confirmation
Dose this demodulate 16 apsk and 32 apsk? No
how ? thay mentioned about supporting 16 & 32 apsk in thair product webpage , it has M88DS3000 , demodulator chiphence the chip specs show it supports , ?TUNER Input Terminal: F-type 75 Ohm Receiving Frequency: 950~2150 MHz Tuning Range Input Level: -75~-10dBm Carrier Capture Range : ±5MHz Ambient Temperature: 0°C to +70 °C Support MCPC and SCPC?Demodulator & FEC DVB-S Symbol Rate: 2~45Msps QPSK filter: Root-raised cosine filter with roll-off 0.35 Punctured codes: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and Auto ? ? ?DVB-S2 Symbol Rate:2~45 Msps FEC QPSK:1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10???8PSK:3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10????????????16APSK:3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 and Auto????32APSK:3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 and Auto?LNB & Switch control LNB Supply Voltage: 13V/18V with Short Circuit Protection DiSEqC: 1.2Support Data Burst & Tone Burst Antenna and LNB Control: 22KHz ToneMax. LNB Supply Current: 450mA?PCI-Express interface PCI Express 1.1 Standard Spec.One full-duplex PCI Express Lanes.(x1 lane) PCIE Max_playload_size is 256bytesPCI Express Capability Structure Registers?De-Multiplexing Max. No. Section filtering:64 PIDsEngine: softwareStreams capture: PES and TS?A/V Format Video format: MPEG-II Main Profile& Main LevelAudio format: MPEG-II Audio layer I & II?Options IR Remote Controllerthis what thay mentioned , how can thay write like that ? becouse of this spec i ordered this product , if this is not , then my money is waste , guy who sold on aliexpress said it supports 16 & 32 demodulation , thanks

crazycat mentioned , this chipset will work in thaire page it has montage m88DS3000 it supports blindscan , as per the official website

In another forum it was said that while crazycat was trying to get blindscanning to work with your chipset, he is still having problems. Apparently not all cards with this chipset will be supported because of driver limitations. I do not own this card nor do I use crazyscan, so I'm only repeating what I have read. Just don't assume it works now or will work in the future.

The spec sheet I have for this card says is does not support 16 & 32APSK. Again, I'm only repeating what I've read. Why don't you simply try the apps and modulations if you're sure they're going to work?

ok . Lets see when it arrives to me ,may be in a week .

Thanks for your support

@ pendragon

i confirmed by crazycat he says that 16/32 apsk is minimal becouse that it supports only CCM modulation . It will not support ACm and VCM.

Now it means . It can get only 16/32 apsk at CCM

and about blindscan . It is very slow compared to stv-xxxx chips

according to him .dvbworld device is garbage

Realize there is no such thing as a spectrum with crazycat - he either loves something or he hates it. And from my personal perspective he often makes judgments based on ridiculous criteria or absurd myths. But he is the darling of the FTA PC blindscan world because there is nothing else openly available, other than a few vendor-supplied apps that are marginal and poorly maintained. I don't use crazyscan because I wrote my own blindscanning tool long before crazycat wrote his. It's much faster and more accurate, but I'm very reluctant to release it. I'm concerned it could damage or destroy the FTA world by being too effective. At least crazyscan is no better than mediocre STBs at blindscanning.

Back to the main point. I don't think your DVB World unit is garbage. It would not be my first choice because of its limited blindscanning speed and average signal performance, but it should work fine.

that means . I can still use it . For normal viewing . Than feed hunt .

Ok . Great you have your own blindscan tool ?. . Can you share with me ?it will be nice

What exactly dose it effect fta world ?

Here in indian subcontinent there is no much of dvb pc support or intrest , so lacking behind .

Thanks

Your tuner should work fine for viewing. It should also be useful for blindscanning, albeit slow. DVB World released a proprietary blindscanning app for this tuner last year. The reports on it are mixed, but it's probably better than nothing. Crazyscan may be an alternative down the road, but it will still be limited by the chipset unless a more advanced approach is taken.

For the moment I only share my code/results with very close friends I've known for a long time. There are endless debates as to whether the knowledge of FTA feeds leads to them being encrypted, and I don't want to start an arms race.

thanks .for guide.

No worry . Its your code .your wish to provide or not .

I can understand . You think of sports feeds get encrypted .
Lastly . This device is supported diseqc 1.2/usals

.in wiki Diseqc1.2 recivers supports all type of diseqc switchs including 8*1 diseqc 1.1 , is it true ?

And this device has BDA drivers . No wdm drivers . This may create problem in diseqc switching .

Any idea about this

once again thanks for your valuable . Knowldge sharing to me

I have a few previous generation DVB World PC tuners, and the BDA drivers provided by DVB World had custom extensions to support DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS. I expect this is also true for their newer tuners. The only difficulty is applications have to handle such extensions on a case-by-case basis. TSReader to my knowledge does not know how to do this. DVB Dream does, but there were some issues with DiSEqC 1.1 in version 1.4i. Version 1.5 has supposedly fixed these problems, but I can't use it because it broke a capability I needed. To be truthful, I do most of my PC tuner work now on Linux.

Ok .bro .

It means chances are 50/50. In dvbworld .

While dvbworld 2006 dose not have lnb loop out . So i can use my twinhan 1020a as master i think it supports 1.1 uncommited raw camands ? At present i am using 4*1 disiqc nicely even in tsreader although with wdm drivers .by bda drivers my twinhan dose not work at all.

And well 1020 a have loop out. So i can use dvbworld as slave . If it suffers diseqc switching . Although it will be fuzzy setup
thanks

hi @ pendragon, you were right , 2006 card is not supported in easy blind scan , and , drivers looks pathtic , dvbdream not working at mark , no proper diseqc function , some time dose and some time not , using 4*1 diseqc , alt dvb not working , , skygrabbere is working i want to use it in dvbdream , with diseqc function , and some dvb-s2 tp showing signal , but not finding lock=ked tp's channels ," showing no channels found "can you help me in this thanks

Which version of DVB Dream are you using? Did you download the latest drivers for your card? I believe you need to use the BDA drivers with DVB Dream to get DiSEqC to work at all on this card.

Unfortunately I only have older DVB World units, so there may be a limit to how much I can help you. I have seen others on this forum that run the 2006 card with DVB Dream, so perhaps they may have more useful knowledge.

i am using latest dvbdream 1.5f and 1.5g . . I have installed latest drivers from worlddvb.cn . Oem software working with diseqc 4 ports and finding all tp's and locking . Dvb s2 tp signals are at low signal quality . But dvb s signals are good say 85 percernt on my 8 feet solid prime focus dish .
But in dvbdream . Diseqc works like this .for example if i watch port 3 on official software of the card and closing it and then open in dvbdream works port 3 .no other ports work . All the same for all ports .to be done the above first to tune by oem soetware

and blindscan also works in oem sw but misses many active tp's .i have read that scan steps are at 60 mhz . Can we overcome this

in crazycat easyblind scan it detect the card in device menu and us dw bda extension . But when try to blindscan . Error say 'blscan-blindscan not supported . Not understanding

latest skygrabber working great with diseqc

and smartdvb also working with diseqc

progdvb not doing

alt dvb sometime works .but no diseqc supported . If i select as 2004 it get the signals and lock but tuning the channels error tryed many bda.int files

tsreader dosent have the source .dll for my card how to get that ?

And card have only bda drivers no wdm drivers supplied

Dose this card stpport diseqc 1.1 8 port switch . I have brought it

its a quite a long list . According to you what may be the cause . And what all other pc sw are good to use

thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts