dvbworld pcie 2006

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It sounds as though your drivers are working fine with DiSEqC because it works for some of the apps. The main problem seems to be with your DVB World setup. It's likely you will get better help for that on the DVB Dream forums than here.

When using DVB Dream, do you select the PC card through BDA, or directly by name on the device dialog box? In the past the DVB World BDA drivers faked a WDM driver through select by name. That did not support DiSEqC, while the BDA selection worked. Try each option presented on the device dialog and see if one works. I think you have to click apply for it to take effect. Sorry my memory on this has faded.

There used to be a special bda.dev file that was needed to get DVB World drivers to work completely with DVB Dream. Without it tuning worked fine, but no DiSEqC commands would be sent. This sounds exactly like the problem you have. But I don't recall where I got my bda.dev from.

With the older DVB World drivers/cards, DiSEqC 1.1 never worked for me on Windows. It works fine on Linux, so the hardware is perfectly capable of sending those commands.

thanks bro . I messed it up in xp . By editing drivers inf file then updated . Now the card not working in xp . Did everything rollback .and reinstalling drivers . It is loading the only edited inf device i tryed to cleare drivers compleatly and fresh install but it is takin same edited inf . Working in win 7

@pendragon.

Hi .

I am not getting some dvb s2 hd tp's . Getting some . I tweeked the dish at max signal but nothing changed tryed both c band and ku sats . Is this card need strong signal ?or driver problem ? I guess it is driver problem . It blind scan well in oem software but missing lot active tp's .

I am not finding old drivers for this card . Do you have those ? Please help me .

Thanks

I am not getting some dvb s2 hd tp's . Getting some . I tweeked the dish at max signal but nothing changed tryed both c band and ku sats . Is this card need strong signal ?or driver problem ? I guess it is driver problem .

While the 2006 does not have the most sensitive DVB-S2 tuner, it is probably not the reason you're having trouble. The same goes for the driver, as long as you're running the latest version. In most cases like this, the limitation is in the dish, LNB or adjustment.

It blind scan well in oem software but missing lot active tp's .

Again I don't have a 2006 unit, but it's generally recognized the supplied blindscanning software misses many signals, probably because its tuning jumps are too large.

I am not finding old drivers for this card . Do you have those ? Please help me .

I don't think old drivers will solve your problems. However I did check through some of my old notes and files, because I also had issues with DiSEqC on my DVB World 2104C tuners. At some point DVB World switched from WDM to BDA drivers and that's when my problems got worse. Over time they did improve the drivers, but DiSEqC still didn't work with DVB Dream. Finally someone on the DVB Dream forums wrote a bda.dev module that fixed the DiSEqC problems with DVB World tuners. That was for DVB Dream version 1.4i and supposedly this was integrated a long time ago into 1.5. That file is no longer posted on the forums, and is only needed for version 1.4i. With this module I got all DiSEqC commands to work with my DVB World tuner: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS. I never moved to DVB Dream 1.5 because it was incompatible with other software I was using.

I wish I could help you more, but as I don't have a 2006 tuner, there isn't much I can do. It sounds like you may be having issues with DVB Dream, because your DiSEqC commanding works with other applications. You really need to get on the DVB Dream forums and ask for help there.

Sorry bro for asking too many questition ,bare me

that means dw 2006 needs good and stable signals for specially dvb s2 tp's

i dont face any problem for reciving dvb s tp's and dvb s2 tp's with SD channels ,only problem is on some HD dvb s2 tp not all . I get asiasat 5 c band channels HD channels quite well .and intrestig thing is i am getting a trace tv sports HD and trace urbn Hd tp at minimal signal 5% signal quality , now i get sensitivity of the tuner becouse my setup is multi lnb on a 8 feet prime focus dish .where as asiasat 5 is 17 deg placed away offset to prime lnb at insat 4a @83 e

On other side ,measat showig lot of problems to me , even on that i get locked to dvb s 2 tp with 3D Hd channel but missing all other s2 HD frequency quite annoying to me not understandind

another example on ku , dvb s tp's are at peak 85%signal quality on my old twihan 1020a and dw 2006 ,but facing problem in s2 tp showing signal to 45% slill not finding channels

sorry for the stor

Well , i understand i should goto dvbdream website for dvbdream support to my 2006 card ,i am trying to register on dd forums but i am not able to login i am trying from many days already registered . Ok i try to get log on to dd.

I read it somewhare that latest drivers are buggy and need better and more signal to reciving s2 tp , thay say rollback to old drivers get worked

well i managed to lock high SR tp's 43900 and 40700 of dvb s2 tp's quite well and on same sat missing few other tp's confusing all tp's working in openbox for same setup
and finally , i went on searching ds3000 demod used cards , i found many
Tevii cards 464,470,480,660

gineatech card

masqtix sat ix s2

DvbHd 2088e,2080p

dvbsky 850,950,952

dvbworld 2006,2104d pci,2104d usb

and some others

i have downloaded all these cards drivers and softwares , i will check these drivers on dw unit , although all these have different pci bridge chips , i know those cannot be installed but i try any thing can be done

And finally , i think crazycat is only suppprting TBS products more than other cards or tbs tied his legs for him not to free him to work on other cards or demods , yes there is demod and drivers limitations as he said , no worry i can still use oem blindscan for 50% chance , although as you said "something is better than nothing " i stsy on this

thanks for your efforts of replay

with regards

vishvish

You will lose a lot of gain with 17 degrees offset from center on a prime focus dish. Unless you dish is very accurate and your LNBs are matched to the f/D of the dish, you will also lose a lot of sensitivity on Ku-band. This may be ok for DVB-S signals, but DVB-S2 signals are much more demanding. Have you considered putting your dish on a polar mount and motorizing it? Or if this all Ku, perhaps a smaller dish with a USALS motor would work better than your current setup.

Another alternative is to use a good fixed toroidal dish. I have three Wave Frontier T90 toroids that by specification cover 40 degrees, although I only use the center 20. Although they are effectively only 90cm dishes, they will easily beat much larger dishes for offset LNBs.

thanks bro . I well guessed the same of getting less signal on offset angle lnb . . I have checked the shape of the dish looks good .but may have some illumination missing to get into feedhorn . I will now make a tune all sats one by one . At prime focus . Fos c band .no intentions of adding motorized dish for fta

Well i dont used ku on prime focus dish . I used it on 60 cm ku offset dish. As you said dvb s2 demand more signal

i may check with bigger dish and post the results

yes i did scan at prime .still it needs more signals for some hd s2 tp's . Today i am changing full coaixl cable for full setup with new rg6

@ pendragon,i want one help , altdvb not working with dev bda2device.int ( becouse while selecting the device in altdvb shows DEVICE ID is 1 , i want to change it as device ID as 0 ) becouse my device BDA is at 0, how can edit it ? thanks

Hello

finally i belive this card is buggy or low sensitive or drivers may be crap. Lot of problems on dvb s2 8psk more than 30000 sr . Shows the signal about 60 percent but fail to decode and some time more picture break up on ku band . Is there any other setting for s2 tp's .what is pilot on/off and roll off . Settings . Do i need to use them in s2 tp's?

No worry in dvb s reception . Only in s2 facing problems

and i got the 16 apsk at ccm found the signal but result is same showing 40 percent signal but no continuety in stream . Act as it need more signal . On 8 feet dish .

As crazycat said dvbworld units are garbage "really garbage" at present now .

I hope dvbworld fix this issues or any other person who can write proper driver for this scrap card .

Thanks

hello @ pendragon,

now i am trying to get work on linux ubuntu 11.10 dose this supports?

Thanks

hi .

I have installed ubuntu 11.10.
Can you suggest me good dvb viewing software in linux . My requirement are diseqc properly
thanks

hello @ pendragon

please help me to get started in ubuntu 11.10 for my card

my card is is not detected in me tv app , how to get drivers loaded

tryied every thing tryied to load s2-lipianin

please help me to get started

thanks

ok , now i managed to get drivers loaded in ubuntu kernal 2.6.33 , ubuntu version 10.04 LTS , with S2-liplianin dvb drivers ( s2-liplianin is not compiling with latest kernel 3.0.1 ubuntu 11.10)

cammand=lspci -v

02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Spin Master Ltd. Device 2032 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Spin Master Ltd. Device 1234
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at 93100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: smi2032
Kernel modules: smi2032

cammand=dmesg | grep dvb

[ 2208.678871] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-ds3000.fw)...
[ 2208.678881] smi2032 0000:02:00.0: firmware: requesting dvb-fe-ds3000.fw
[ 4527.154879] ds3000_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-ds3000.fw)...
[ 4527.154892] smi2032 0000:02:00.0: firmware: requesting dvb-fe-ds3000.fw

now , i need a good tv viewing app with graphical support like dvbdream , with diseqc function ?

@pendragon , please suggest me

thanks

I'm not aware of a fully integrated app on Linux like DVB Dream. Normally people use either (1) command line tools to perform the tuning and flow the transport streams to something like VLC or Mplayer, or (2) use a media suite like MythTV or another that I can't recall off the top of my head. I believe both have fully functional DiSEqC capabilities. I don't follow either approach as I wrote my own code to control a very elaborate system.

Being as no one else seems willing or able to help you here, you might consider checking out Rick's Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum as they have a more active PC tuner community.

well .it was a good experince being with you and learnd lot .and i really thank you .

Namaste .take care

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts