DVBWorld USB 2102 and TSReader

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbpa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2005
I was curious if anyone has a DVBWorld USB 2102 working with TSReader. I've sent a support request but while waiting to hear back, I thought I'd ask the group.

I'm using the latest (although I've tried older) full version of TSReader. The Intel pc runs XP and has USB2.0 support. I've installed the device with the TSReader version of the driver. The issue seems to start when TSReader asks if the model is 5volt or 9volt. The unit I have is a 9volt so that's how I reply. At that point, TSReader will either hang or end. If I respond 5volt, the application will start and show active pid's but nothing in any of the other displays.

Although I've rebuilt the box to eliminate potential conflicts (same results), when I previously had the software that came with device running, it seemed to operate correctly. The DVBWorld software was able to lock, scan and display video.

I dont' have the 2102, I have the 2104 usb so I'm just guessing here. I notice there are 4 source modules in Tsreader for the 2101(not 2102) , two are for dss, one is for the dvbworld, the other is labelled nextorm, have you tried both modules? Are you using the 2101 modules or is there another that is specific to the 2102?

I have the 2101 using with TSReader, it works great. Mine is 9v.
I had problem at first, different problem though, mine was once in a while, TSReader could not see the device. I needed to unplug the usb cable to make the laptop recognize it again. I changed to different usb port, it fixes the problem.
Maybe you should try other usb port, hope that fix your problem.
FTARock
I was curious if anyone has a DVBWorld USB 2102 working with TSReader. I've sent a support request but while waiting to hear back, I thought I'd ask the group.

I'm using the latest (although I've tried older) full version of TSReader. The Intel pc runs XP and has USB2.0 support. I've installed the device with the TSReader version of the driver. The issue seems to start when TSReader asks if the model is 5volt or 9volt. The unit I have is a 9volt so that's how I reply. At that point, TSReader will either hang or end. If I respond 5volt, the application will start and show active pid's but nothing in any of the other displays.

Although I've rebuilt the box to eliminate potential conflicts (same results), when I previously had the software that came with device running, it seemed to operate correctly. The DVBWorld software was able to lock, scan and display video.

Thanks to you both for the fast reply.

I had looked at the .inf file for the DTVWorks driver (used for the DVBWorld devices also) and could see that it lists the DVBWorld 2102 box. I may have jumped to the conclusion that TSReader would support it just based on that entry - I probably should have asked Rod first.

I had tried a second USB port but with eight on this box, I'll definitely try the others as you had luck with a different port.

Thanks again.

After working with this for a long while, I'm going to guess that the calls the TSReader driver are making to the 2102 device are similar to the 2101 device but not quite the same.

If I install the DVBWorld software and lock/scan a particular TP all is well. If I change drivers to the TSReader driver, I'm able to lock/scan that same TP and all TSReader information displays are active. Beyond that, any TP I try to lock/scan will return only the TP originally locked via the DVBWorld software. TSReader will look like it's locking other TP's, as long as it has the same polarity as the original, but it will always be the original TP locked with the DVBWorld software.

It's as though, at the time of the tuning call to the device, the only value that's matching is that of the polarity. The call is honored and the device tuned but only with the parameters previously set by the DVBWorld software.

It's been almost a year now without a response to my support request at TSReader (my support subscription expires in a month). I sent another request but doubt I'll hear back at this point.

Just checking in to see if anyone has been able to get a DVBWorld USB 2102 working with TSReader.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)