DVD Burning Software - Win10

billowens

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
East Texas
When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, I lost the software that came standard with Windows 7 to burn a DVD. I have a ton of video files from our movie camera stored on the PC that I need to burn to a DVD, but am looking for freeware - Yeah, I'm cheap.
Anyone have any suggestions and/or recommendations? Any help is appreciated.

If you need a little more flexibility, IMGBURN is a great freeware utility.
I need is a way to convert the .mpg files and create a DVD that will play on a DVD player. I'll look at both options. Any opinions on which works best? The old software on Win7 was very user friendly.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I need is a way to convert the .mpg files and create a DVD that will play on a DVD player.
You don't typically need to master a movie disc to play movies on a modern DVD or (hopefully) Blu-ray player. Most players have a multimedia option that will allow you to pick files off of the disc for playback.

If you really need to have menus and stuff, that's MPEG2 and you won't get more than a couple hours per disc. At that point, you're looking at mastering tools like DVD-Styler (free), Power Director ($$) or Pinnacle Studio ($$).

It depends on your audience.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You don't typically need to master a movie disc to play movies on a modern DVD or (hopefully) Blu-ray player. Most players have a multimedia option that will allow you to pick files off of the disc for playback.

If you really need to have menus and stuff, that's MPEG2 and you won't get more than a couple hours per disc. At that point, you're looking at mastering tools like DVD-Styler (free), Power Director ($$) or Pinnacle Studio ($$).

It depends on your audience.
I have a non blu-ray dvd player. I was using the software that was in Win7. I would set the quality and add files until it reached the disc capacity and it created a DVD with titles. I'd kinda like to stay with something like that. Your right, I could only get about an hour on each disc.

I personally use Cyberlink's Power Producer to make an ISO, which I then burn to DVD with either Imageburn or Nero.

I have a non blu-ray dvd player.
As much fuss as it is to master and burn a disc, it may pay off to buy a $45 Blu-ray player and have the added time capacity and format flexilbility with the same cheap media.

You can't wait too long to upgrade as Blu-ray players are getting harder to find.

I must admit that I am way far behind on DVD player, but the only time we use it is when the granddaughter is here or to watch our homemade movies. Our video camera is a SD camera, so I guess I'm behind there too. Has worked fine for us as most of the videos are of the granddaughter thru her 8 years.

Reactions: TheKrell
I must admit that I am way far behind on DVD player, but the only time we use it is when the granddaughter is here or to watch our homemade movies. Our video camera is a SD camera, so I guess I'm behind there too. Has worked fine for us as most of the videos are of the granddaughter thru her 8 years.
I offered three examples of mastering software if you're committed to not upgrading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)