DVD Recorder and Comcast

jam5146

Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
PA
I have a Samsung R135 that I just hooked up because I got tired of missing my shows. But, even though there is a tuner, I still can't watch one channel while recording another. I suspect it has something to do with Comcast. Is there any way around this so I can use this the way it was meant to be used and not be forced to subscribe to their DVR?

Jam5146, built in tuners wont be able to tune into Comcast's encrypted channels, Only Comcast's Set top boxes can do that. You can get a splitter or A/B switch and have cable signal going to both dvd recorder and set top box and therefore be able to watch 1 program while recording another, but that limits you to only being able to record channels 2-29 because those channels are analog, where as, channels 30 on are digital. Hope this helps.

Jam5146, built in tuners wont be able to tune into Comcast's encrypted channels, Only Comcast's Set top boxes can do that. You can get a splitter or A/B switch and have cable signal going to both dvd recorder and set top box and therefore be able to watch 1 program while recording another, but that limits you to only being able to record channels 2-29 because those channels are analog, where as, channels 30 on are digital. Hope this helps.

Or you can get a Tivo HD and a CableCard:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)