Dvd recorder hookup help

Tigress

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I just bought a RCA DRC8052 dvd recorder today. It was a steal at $79 bucks, so I thought I would try to hook it up to my 622 dvr and Polaroid 37' hdtv.

The problem I am having is that the output on the 622 needs to be split off so I can still watch on the other tv. (Sony Trinitron-not hd) The picture on the other tv is fuzzy, but not bad, but not like it was. I still haven't hooked up the dvd recorder yet, because I am thinking maybe I need a shorter coax cable to the splitter, or just a different splitter altogether. All these wires are getting me a bit frazzled so I thought I should try and ask for a bit of help. This used to be so damned easy 20 years ago!

You could connect the recorder directly to the 622 and then use the ANT out on the recorder to connect to the second tv. That would work better than splitting the coax.

If your Sony has component in and composite in, I would hook up the 622 to the Sony via Component and the 622 to the dvd recorder via (S-Video/Composite) and (S-Video/composite) out to the TV. You could watch the 622 from two different inputs on the TV. Up to you, but I would avoid using the RCA (Ant) out since this is the lowest signal quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts