Help me set up my VCR & DVD Recorder.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blueeyes06

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
United States
I have dish network with the Vip722K receiver. The tv I'm trying to use is TV2 (channel set on 60), and is not connected to the receiver, it is connected by plugging the co-ax directly into the tv. My Tv is a Samsung 32" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV, UN32EH5000. I have a Radio Shack 15-314 Auto-sensing A/V switch 5- in/ 2- out. I have a Phillips Magnavox VCR as well as a Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder ZC352MW8 that I am trying to hook up to be able to record with. Can someone please tell me exactly how I need to hook things up in order to be able to record shows from my DVR?

This really is a Dish Network 722 setup question. If you search the Dish network forum, I'm sure you'll find many posts on how to record from the 722 to an SDDVD or VHS.

S~

I'm not sure how it is a 722 setup question. My Dish network works fine, I just can't get the configuration correct to record using VCR or DVD recorder. I come up with no sound and no picture recording. Prior to this I had a tv with a built in VCR and it recorded fine(required no configuration so no way for me to get it wrong)...still on the 722k and still connected to the co ax.

I think the step you missed was tuning your VCR (rather than your TV set) to channel 60.
Do this:
1. Connect the TV2 coax from your Vip722K directly to the VCR input.
2. Connect your TV set to the VCR's output. Use video/audio cables, not coax - that will make it easier for you.
3. Use the VCR's remote to select the proper input and tune the VCR to channel 60.
4. Make sure you get the image on your TV set, then hit Record.
Once you get this straight configuration working you can then try the Radio Shack switch again.
The same procedure for your DVD recorder: it also needs to be configured to the proper (coax) input and tuned to channel 60.

Welcome to the forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)