DVD Recorder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbstone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
What is a good stand-alone DVD recorder to buy and how many 1 hour programs typically fit on it?

What are you priorities?

Quality
Compatability
Costs

A DVD9 burner (2 hours in highest quality) for your PC offers the best of all aspects and can be used just as easy and as well.

tmbstone said:
What is a good stand-alone DVD recorder to buy and how many 1 hour programs typically fit on it?

I've had no problems with a Sony unit I picked up at Circuit City.

Here is the breakdown of how much you can record on a Single-Sided

HQ - 1 Hour
Standard - 2 Hours
Long Play - 4 Hours
Extended - 6 hours

The first two things to consider are 1) how much do you want to spend, 2) what recorder has the features you want that will fit within that budget..

There are lots of options available, so I recommend you see what others are saying about the recorders they have and determine what features you can live with and without on one.

That would be the DVD9 I mentioned before, that is the industry name and I guess I should have mentioned the retail name of "Dual Layer"; sorry guys. Too be more specific make sure you can burn & read DVD+R DL (DVD9)

For me, recording from a digital audio input connection would be nice (preferably optical, but coax would be OK too). The mythical "Philips DVDR740" is the only one that comes to mind. :(

What kind of cabling connection do I need in order to record a program from my 522 to a DVD recorder. Do I have to use one the RF stuff?? I tried using an AV connection, but it doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)