dvd recorder ?'s for 942

Playaction

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
I want a dvd recorder to copy movies from 942. What inputs do I need on the dvd recorder. Which outputs do I use on the 942? Can you even record hd on a dvd? I have mostly jvc equipment so I would prefer that but would be willing to go with another brand. I assume I would not need one with a hard drive. How long can you record on a single dvd with good quality. I am new to this so forgive the multiple and jumbled questions. Thanks for any help.

recording in hd

i am a installer for dish i did a install about 4 months ago for a customer who had a dvd burner in his computer that recorded in hd at least thats what he/and the box said the back of his computer had hdmi input and out put to his tv in my opinion it lowered the quality to his tv but it recorded and the other down fall was the cost of the dvd's he said a pack of 5 was like $70 is it really worth it play i dont know how he can even play it back?re

Sounds like he's an early adopter of Blu-Ray or something similar.

That HD capture card must've cost an arm & a leg.

And of course, those DVDs can NOT be played on existing stand-alone players - they don't understand HD.

how about the guys that bought 36 inch plasma tv's at $26,000, or betamax units, oh and those cigarette carton size cell phones back in the early 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)