DVD Recorders to use with VOOM?

DarrellP said:
This thread is getting long so excuse me if this has already been posted:

A slick trick I figured out with my new Panny E85 is to put the Voom Picture Output for 4:3 to Stretch, that way when I record onto the Panny, I get an Anamorphic image and the resulting playback is awesome.

Try it, you'll like it.
Never tried that with my 6000, on either Replay or panny good idea! will try next time I'm off :D

madpoet said:
I posted an extensive step by step thread here on how to get Replay to work including locals. Search for it :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11828
Yes. I had found that after my posting, and it worked for me. Then, I went digging. I may have an improvement for you. Of course, it is written down on my home machine. I will post it here later. It worked by instead of changing the input's available controller for locals to satellite, by changing the "local broadcast channels" input name to Voom instead of local broadcast. It was in a different table. The result was that I had Voom and Locals on the same S-Video input instead of two different inputs. I will put it up here after midnight EDT when I get home.

Ok. Here is what I did different.
sqlite> select name from lineupmaps;
sqlite> update lineupmaps SET name='VOOM' where name = 'Local Broadcast Listings';

Using those two commands instead of your sqlite commands allowed me to put Voom and Locals on the same S-video connection.

But, I do get
[2004-06-03 23:19:14] There was an error refreshing the recording guide.
[2004-06-03 23:19:14] Attempting to use a cached version if one is available.
in the WiRNS output occasionally. The web server portion does not want to display the channel guide properly, but the ReplayTV box is getting all of its guide data. That is the important thing.

So give it a try and see if it is an improvement.

Excellent, good to know. I don't mind running 2 seperate connections, but for the people that do this will help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)