dvd recorders with tv tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rasslick

Apr 24, 2006
hi all ...i am thinking of puchasing a Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD Recorder with 160-GB Hard Drive but the reviews i have read all said the tv guide will not load on this recorder or any dvd recorders for that matter anyone own this dvd recorder or any that works..i am not dead set on this unit but the original price was almost $500.00 now online at amazon it's $299.00 not bad for a HD unit but i need to know any confirm info on this tv guide issue since i have directv with the dvr ,which by the way is freezing up that's another reason i want a HD RECORDER any other suggestion on recorders would be helpful also ...THANKS ALL!!

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
hi all ...i am thinking of puchasing a Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD Recorder with 160-GB Hard Drive but the reviews i have read all said the tv guide will not load on this recorder or any dvd recorders for that matter anyone own this dvd recorder or any that works..i am not dead set on this unit but the original price was almost $500.00 now online at amazon it's $299.00 not bad for a HD unit but i need to know any confirm info on this tv guide issue since i have directv with the dvr ,which by the way is freezing up that's another reason i want a HD RECORDER any other suggestion on recorders would be helpful also ...THANKS ALL!!

This is not an hd recorder. HDD stands for hard disk drive. It will likely record in wide screen in 480p, which will look very good, but not hd.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
This is not an hd recorder. HDD stands for hard disk drive. It will likely record in wide screen in 480p, which will look very good, but not hd.

I have this unit, I have never set up the TV guide you mentioned, nor have I seen anything about it.
I like the HDD part of it, makes it basically a glorified VCR, (which by the way is why I bought it, my vcr died years back) I have since moved to the D* HR20-700.

I was able to set the unit up to record the D* programming with Line out, but found it a hassle to have to set this unit to record and make sure the D* receiver was set to turn on at the same time or left on the correct channel to record.
I think I got mine for like $400

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)