DVD recording time

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I was curious about something. I have a Panasonic DMR46vs and haven't really used it that much. I have been using -R media with good results. I wanted to record 2 movies on one disc and they are on delayed record about 1 hour apart. One recorded with no problem but the other one didn't record. I extended out the record time to 6 hours to make sure there was plenty of time. I had it setup to record one, shutdown then record again. I don't finalize until finished. Can you make multiple recordings on a -R disc or do I need to use -RW? Thanks

I'm not sure which Panasonic I have, but that shouldn't be a problem for multiple records on the disc. As long as you have the record space for storage. The manual talks on this subject many times. I've only used -R media and as long as the disc hasn't been finalized, you can make multiple recordings, if they will fit.

One thing you may look as is in the scheduler. You have to select the recording type within their too. If you selected SP for the first movie, you probably didn't have enough space for the second movie.

Thanks, that makes sense. I thought until I finalized the disc I should be able to fill it up to the max. It had to be something I did so I will play around with the scheduler and see what happens.

And remember it isn't always/just the brand or -R +R that are the big issue with compatibility. Be sure the use quality "factory codes" Read videohelp.com to find a consistent quality disc.

I was curious about something. I have a Panasonic DMR46vs and haven't really used it that much. I have been using -R media with good results. I wanted to record 2 movies on one disc and they are on delayed record about 1 hour apart. One recorded with no problem but the other one didn't record. I extended out the record time to 6 hours to make sure there was plenty of time. I had it setup to record one, shutdown then record again. I don't finalize until finished. Can you make multiple recordings on a -R disc or do I need to use -RW? Thanks

Yes, you can make multiple recordings if you have enough disc space left for the next recording. I only use RW discs for "kick arounds" & do the stuff I want to keep on -R's. I usually buy them @ Sam's Club by the 100 pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)