DVDR to Genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
If I swap out my 2 DVDRs for a new genie and 3 genie boxes, can the installer transfer the shows from the 2 dvdrs to the new genie?

Sorry. Still no. Sat feed only. Sometimes OTA. No line level inputs.

Thank you for the response.

If I have two dvrs in two beadrooms and get the genie in the living room will the rooms with the two older dvrs be able to access the shows on the genie? and vise versa? I do have the whole home sharing currently.

Sorry, no.

really? so let me get this straight... with the whole home connection the rooms with the dvrs will not be able to watch the recorded shows on the Genie? And the room with the genie won't be able to watch shows on the drv in the other rooms? If that's the case then directv is either lying to me or don't know this. I just got off the phone with the tech department and they said they will all be able to access each other.

The original question was about transferring shows from a DVR to a Genie, no you can't transfer a recording. If the question is can a Genie watch recordings from a WHDVR connected HR2X or visa versa then the answer is yes you can.

Reactions: Jimbo
The original question was about transferring shows from a DVR to a Genie, no you can't transfer a recording. If the question is can a Genie watch recordings from a WHDVR connected HR2X or visa versa then the answer is yes you can.

I had two questions and you answered both. Thank you!

You can watch what the Genie system puts out, just as you can connect a second TV to watch duplicate programming.

But your DVR will not "control" the Genie or select a recording to watch. But you can set it up to feed your selection from Genie to DVR/TV.

Did that make any sense?

You can watch what the Genie system puts out, just as you can connect a second TV to watch duplicate programming.

But your DVR will not "control" the Genie or select a recording to watch. But you can set it up to feed your selection from Genie to DVR/TV.

Did that make any sense?

Yes, makes sense. Thank you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts