DVI cable?

Mine did, but a friends did not. I bought a different one anyways as the included one was a foot too short.

DVI Cable

Both mine did not. Don't go and buy an expensive monster cable unless you have a very long run. I tried a monster cable, a phillips cable (walmart), ended up with a Seren (think that's how it's spelled) off of E-bay for $12.00 plus $ 7.00 postage and handling. Looks just has good has the Monster. Make sure you get a DVI-D cable.

scottss810 said:
Both mine did not. Don't go and buy an expensive monster cable unless you have a very long run. I tried a monster cable, a phillips cable (walmart), ended up with a Seren (think that's how it's spelled) off of E-bay for $12.00 plus $ 7.00 postage and handling. Looks just has good has the Monster. Make sure you get a DVI-D cable.

Thanks,
DVI-D? I didn’t know there was more than one type of DVI cable.

DVI Cable

Wells there's dual link DVI-I and Single link DVI-D, actually you can probably
use both but they recommend the DVI-D. DVI-I is used for computers where
infomation has to be transmitted back and forth thru the cable. DVI-D is one way transmission. The difference a person would notice is in the pins in the connectors, in a DVI-D there is a open space in the middle of the connectors
were on a DVI-I there are pins thru out the connector, if there is nothing in
the 811 or your TV were the DVI-I connects (that is inside the units there's
no electronic ) then it really doesn't matter the pins just connect to nothing.
The Phillips cable is a DVI-I (Walmart) Monster's are DVI-D. I personally had
some problems with the Phillips cable, causing my screen to go blank and come back on, it was a problem with the TV's connection not the 811. By
the way componet cables work just fine too. In my opinion the DVI a tad more brighter,use to have less color saturation then componet until the 269, or the 280 software update. Wow sorry a bit long winded.

Say no to DVI-I

Just a quick note. I mistakingly bought a 18' DVI-I cable for my 811 in hopes of also being able to use sometime down the road with a video card on my entertainment PC. The DVI-I pin out is different than the DVI-D cable that you need to use for your 811 and HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)