DVI Cables???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pOiNTBLaNK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
My installer brought me a piece of sh*t DVI cable. I wanted to know whats the best kind to get without going broke. Monster has the DVI400 which sounds good but is it the same as any other. Can somone elborate on whats the best DVI to get. It seems that my Monster component cables work better than the DVI they gave me for the VOOM STB.

Thanks in advance..

pOiNTBLaNK said:
My installer brought me a piece of sh*t DVI cable. I wanted to know whats the best kind to get without going broke. Monster has the DVI400 which sounds good but is it the same as any other. Can somone elborate on whats the best DVI to get. It seems that my Monster component cables work better than the DVI they gave me for the VOOM STB.

Thanks in advance..
When it's free........Don't get to worked up over it.Check out CableGuys.

The component cables arent bad. Made by Python. I think my installer just gave me what ever he found. Its a single-link dvi cable and its a small gauge too. I could almost swear that VOOM was sending dual-link cables.

Cableguys??? .com .org??

This has been debated untill the end of the earth at the avsforum.

Since most/some people here do not have that information I figured I could help by summarizing.

Unlike component, DVI-D carries a digital signal. This means that cable quality is not nearly as important. Digital much less vulnerable to issues than analog signals (like component or rgb).

This translates into cheaper cables are just fine! To summarize many avsforum posts good DVI cables (well constructed) can be had for less than $30.00

Check out these vendors (I have no affiliation) for reputably constructed innexspensive DVI cables.

http://www.pccables.com

http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)