DVI connection between Samsung TS160 and TX-p3064w

smitty825

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Hey Everyone...hopefully someone can help me!

I recently purchased a Samsung tx-3064w TV and a "floor model" Samsung TS160 Directv receiver. I'm certainly very happy with the HD programming, and like everyone else on here who has a HDTV, I want more HDTV programming :D

Along with my tv/receiver purchase, I also picked up a DVI cable to connect the TV and Receiver. So far, I am able to connect the TV and Receiver with the AV cables without any problems. When I use the DVI cable, it seems that the TV does not see that the DVI cable is connected. (There is just the "unconnected" blue screen)

According to the manuals, both the Receiver and TV are HDCP compliant, so I shouldn't have a problem connecting the two devices. (I'm using a Monster DVI Cable)

My laptop has a DVI-out port, and I am able to successfully connect from my laptop to the TV, and the TV displays the correct computer image.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working? Is there any way I can verify that the DVI output works on the receiver?

Unless there is a menu in the receiver to switch the DVI port on it sounds like the port is dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)