DVI or Component

I've seen no significant difference between the two. Sometimes I think component is superior. They claim DVI picture is better but I think DVI is mainly for copyright protection and they can shove that crap up their butts.

Bottom line is what looks better to you, that's the only thing that matters, so YMMV (your mileage may vary).

That's a loaded question...depends on the quality of your component cables, your specific HDTV and, to be quite honest, your eyes and your interpretation of the term Big Difference. As a rule of thumb, DVI/HDMI cables are best used with a digital set (LCD/DLP) and component work better with analog sets (CRT RPTV). Personally, I don't notice any difference between HDMI and a quality set of component cables on my Sony GWIV - quality component cables look slightly better over a cheaper (freebie Adelphia/Dish/VOOM) set of component cables on the Sony GWIV - however, a cheap set of component cables look horrible on my Mits CRT RPTV (quality component cables are a must).

I would recommend buying quality component cables and testing it for yourself.

I have an analog RPTV and DVI works better than component, although both are connected. There are a lot of variables, but always try the best connector. DVI sends the uncompressed digital signal to a display. Component sends the analog signal to a display

Too many variables for a definite answer here. Try both with your setup w/ good cables and make your own decision. BTW, if your STB is a Dish 811, odds are that component will loo as good or better because Dish screwed up the DVI PQ w/ software revision 2.69. They washed out the colors and have never fixed it.

Theoretically, DVI should be better. Otherwise they probably would not have done it.
DVI can carry end to end - DIGITAL to DIGITAL. Whereas Analog Component ( DVI, is actually just the digital form of Component RGB) goes through an extra D to A and A to D conversion.

If done correctly, DVI should theoretically be "perfect" since it is digital. Its either there or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)