DVI to COMPONENT back to DVI!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
Way back in the early days (Feb 2004) I found that my component cables looked much better than the DVI cable that was installed with the VOOM STB. Just for kicks, I switched out the COMPONENT cables for the DVI yesterday - WOW - the picture is MUCH better. I am guessing that all the software upgrades since 2/04 have helped the situation quite a bit. I imagine the DVI will look even better after I go in and calibrate the TV a bit.

This is what I noticed when I switched back to the DVI cable:

Softer, sharper picture (Yes, sounds strange but... softer AND sharper)
More natural color
Less noise (Mosquito type)
Smoother movement

Keep in mind that I have calibrated the telivision in the past and that alone made a big difference. I have to go back and to it again for the DVI. I use an Avia DVD and also perform a manual convergence via the TV remote control. I have a Hitachi 51g500. It's looking great and so is VOOM.

Please reply (with results) if you try the same.

My results are this:

Component: Softer than DVI, but better color saturation and LESS mosquito noise.

DVI: Sharper, yet less color and shows MORE of the inherent Voom video noise, so I am sticking to component.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)