DVR-1100c Can Anyone Simplify Channel Search

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I get confused over what to do with the various screens and options when attempting a channel search. Somewhere I have read posts about blind and smart scans, but don't see any of that in the options listed. I was playing with it trying to find Fox again. I had it but lost it trying a manual update looking for Pastor Scott. I found Pastor Scott on a scan but can't find Fox again.

I get confused over what to do with the various screens and options when attempting a channel search. Somewhere I have read posts about blind and smart scans, but don't see any of that in the options listed. I was playing with it trying to find Fox again. I had it but lost it trying a manual update looking for Pastor Scott. I found Pastor Scott on a scan but can't find Fox again.

Not sure about your scanning issues as I'm not in front of the unit right now but if you are referring to the FOX NEWS Channel don't worry you didn't "DO" anything wrong..... it's simply GONE! It's been replaced with the WEATHER CHANNEL now..... I noticed the change on ALL of my boxes (and I haven't "scanned" anything recently.):)

Fox is on AMC4

11706 V 2170...try a manual scan
That's a good bit of my problem, I don't seem to be able to find out how to do a manual scan. I tried a scan beginning with 11700, but it ran the full scan. It may have missed Fox because they were off-air. It seemed that my choices were 11700 or 11708 and no way to choose channel number, if my interpretation of screens is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)