DVR-1100c Recording Quality

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I have noticed that my recordings are not as sharp as they used to be. In fact the last couple of tries weren't worth transfering to DVD. Also I am experiencing more lip synch problems. I am using a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Pus as the hard drive am I missing something in setup that would let me select resolution?

The DVR1100c records the original digital data that is transmitted without modification or compression. Some channels transmit lower resolution signals and some even have low resolution recordings. You are seeing the result of low resolution programming. The recorded quality is exactly as it was when it was transmitted. There will be absolutely no change in quality when viewing a recording.

Lip sync issues could originate and be present in the transmitted programming, but usually it is an issue related to reception or playback. If the program had perfect sync when viewing live, but has loosing issues during playback, try restarting the playback to see if this corrects the lip sync. Also, note if the lip sync occurs on a specific channel or even a specific program. This could point to an encoding issue by the broadcaster or programmer.

Remember that a satellite receiver is just a specialized mini computer. Many of the things that correct computer issues will correct the receiver. Try a Master Power reboot of the receiver, reformat a fragmented harddrive, perform a Master Reset on the receiver, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)