DVR-1100c will not update

johnpal

Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Central Florida
I am unable to update my receiver to get the Adventist channels on G19. OTA is set for automatic update which it has not done and I have tried the update now. I found this forum and downloaded the latest firmware update. When I "update now" the screen shows:
Version : SW GS03.27, Data 01.26
Signal : Fail
New version : Waiting
G19-KU 12115 v 22425
I have tried to update on several different days and times and get the same screen. Is there any other way for me to update to get the Adventist channels?
John

Signal = FAIL indicates it does not lock onto G19-KU 12115 v 22425. SO... see if yoiu have that TP in your list, and then be sure you get signal from it. ( the SR does not sound right to me so I will check it and see, but I think it must be correct because that reading is from the factory "firmware update" program.)

Once you get that transponder with 50% signal the update should go through. (Been There, Done THAT!)

POP

That is the right transponder info but like pop said you have to have a good enough signal to download the software

Thanks for the help. I took the receiver and a TV out to the antenna this morning. With a little fine tuning the download was uneventful. Before the fine tuning I had signal strengths of high 40s on several channels. The channel I needed a high number on was zero. After fine tuning it was up to 62 and some of the others had dropped off to lower numbers.

John

Sounds good! Now a little hint from experience: Slowly adjust skew and the in to out position of the LNBF. I raised all the transponders to over Q=57 by doing that. One or two dropped to the 60 range but the rest came up to close to 60. If you are getting what you want, you might not want to do that, but I want to have the "smoothest" experiences I can for my friends and customers.
POP

Sounds good! Now a little hint from experience: Slowly adjust skew and the in to out position of the LNBF. I raised all the transponders to over Q=57 by doing that. One or two dropped to the 60 range but the rest came up to close to 60. If you are getting what you want, you might not want to do that, but I want to have the "smoothest" experiences I can for my friends and customers.
POP

It's hard though doing that, as you're tempted to 'peak' onto the transponder you happen to be looking at. GloryStar doesn't recommend that, as (especially with the 2 LNB systems) you might loose other transponders alltogether. You're supposed to just fudge it so all numbers are above 50... Which really irks me as a perfectionist. I wish there was a way to look at like 4 or more transponders on the same screen while aligning...

It's hard though doing that, as you're tempted to 'peak' onto the transponder you happen to be looking at. GloryStar doesn't recommend that, as (especially with the 2 LNB systems) you might loose other transponders alltogether. You're supposed to just fudge it so all numbers are above 50... Which really irks me as a perfectionist. I wish there was a way to look at like 4 or more transponders on the same screen while aligning...
Well, how about 4 transponders on 4 screens? all it takes is 4 receivers all hooked up and ..... :p;)

The 4 transponders on one screen is called a spectrum analizer (spelling is not right) or SA......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts