DVR 2 tuners on 1 LNB/multiswitch? My Options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MarkG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
I will be installing my 2 tuner DVR40 this weekend. Need to know if there is a quick cheap easy to install switch or splitter device that I may install to use both tuners in full function without cabling up the 2nd output from my dual LNB 18"dish. Not opposed to running the 2nd cable,but just seems like a redundant waste of cabling all the way from dish to living room,,plus I wouldn't mind saving that 2nd LNB side for future receiver in different part of the house. I have followed another thread here on a similar topic,and saw references of stackers,and multiswitches and diplexers etc.but I didn't really see a consensus . Is this really even an option? Also, not being sure when I will get around to cabling the 2nd side, will only having 1 sat feed available prevent me from putting the DVR into service minus the simultaneous record functions?

MarkG said:
I will be installing my 2 tuner DVR40 this weekend. Need to know if there is a quick cheap easy to install switch or splitter device that I may install to use both tuners in full function without cabling up the 2nd output from my dual LNB 18"dish. Not opposed to running the 2nd cable,but just seems like a redundant waste of cabling all the way from dish to living room,,plus I wouldn't mind saving that 2nd LNB side for future receiver in different part of the house. I have followed another thread here on a similar topic,and saw references of stackers,and multiswitches and diplexers etc.but I didn't really see a consensus . Is this really even an option? Also, not being sure when I will get around to cabling the 2nd side, will only having 1 sat feed available prevent me from putting the DVR into service minus the simultaneous record functions?

You will have to run the second cable and even if you wanted to use, the above in bold, you still need the second line from the dish in order for it to work.

ramy said:
You will have to run the second cable and even if you wanted to use, the above in bold, you still need the second line from the dish in order for it to work.
So appearently the answer is no,and none of these devices do this. They must be used for some different application. I Guess if I still need the 2nd line,would be no point to any of these devices in my installation.Bottom line: no device exists for this. True statement?

multi-switch

You're gonna need the second LNB feed and a multi-switch to make your Tivo work along with the other receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts