DVR-510 closed caption: how to turn them on?

dsharky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
I just got my DVR-510 yesterday. REally happy with it so far. Can someone please tell me HOW TO TURN ON CLOSED CAPTION?!?!?!

I looked all thru the manual, search thru the menus, search thru this forum, search through google and i cannot find that information anywhere!!

please help!

There is no Closed Caption capability on the 510. It is a feature of your television, unless you have an older set made before it was legally required.

The only Dish receivers with integrated closed cationing are the HD models for their DVI, HDMI, and Component outputs, as most HDTV's do not have captioning on those inputs.

GaryPen said:
There is no Closed Caption capability on the 510. It is a feature of your television, unless you have an older set made before it was legally required.

The only Dish receivers with integrated closed cationing are the HD models for their DVI, HDMI, and Component outputs, as most HDTV's do not have captioning on those inputs.

wow, for reals? that's pretty weak. Okay. thanks for letting me know. It was driving me nuts since I also have a 811 at home with caption built in.