DVR 622 issue with recorded movies

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello
622 on software 405 running on single mode produces a reddish/blueish line on the far right side of my Panasonic 42px600U plasma when I play recorded movies from DVR. It is about 1 or 2 pixels wide (very thin but annoying), and only seems to happen when I play movies recorded from any of the HBO channels. Other recordings dont produce the red/blue line. Receiver is connected thru HDMI.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
N

I'm curious to see if you get the same results via component cables. Any chance you could give that a try. You only see this line when you are viewing DVR movies from HBO and not when watching HBO live?

ats thanks
Yes, only when watching HBO from DVR, not live. I can try with component but will take some digging in the back of a bunch of cables. Will repost.

I connected it with component cables, and the red or blue pixel line still appears. Only from HBO recorded stuff (Star Wars movies..), nothing else.
Apparently it is not the TV, and very possibly the 622 still on L405.

Any Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hello
622 on software 405 running on single mode produces a reddish/blueish line on the far right side of my Panasonic 42px600U plasma when I play recorded movies from DVR. It is about 1 or 2 pixels wide (very thin but annoying), and only seems to happen when I play movies recorded from any of the HBO channels. Other recordings dont produce the red/blue line. Receiver is connected thru HDMI.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
N

As was discussed, SD signals can create thee anomalies on a digital screen. Use a bit of overscan to eliminate the line. There should be a menu setting on your Panny to set overscan.

Most CRT TVs use anywhere for 5 to 10% overscan all the time. Digital devices especially designed for HD are usually set ot 0%.

There should be a menu setting on your Panny to set overscan. .[/QUOTE said:
Looked in menu's and dont see an OVERSCAN option. All I can do is adjust the Aspect to Normal, Just, Zoom, and Zoom1.

Panny-owners..any suggestions?

Thank you 8bit

N

Looked in menu's and dont see an OVERSCAN option. All I can do is adjust the Aspect to Normal, Just, Zoom, and Zoom1.

Panny-owners..any suggestions?

Thank you 8bit

N

Hmmmm.... I just looked through the user guide and you are correct, no overscan adjustments. If you make changes to the PC Adjust selections, does that affect the picture at all? Maybe a horizontal shift can eliminate the vertical line you are getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts