DVR 625 Check switch

viperadamr

Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I am occasionally getting a check switch message on tuner 2 of my 625. It pop's up when first turned on and then immediately goes away. I have a DPP LNBF. I un-plugged my 311 and 625 from electricity for about 3 min to reset the switch. If the problem continues after this am I looking at a bad LNB? I lost 119 on both receivers for about 30 sec last night (Big thunder storms though) so it may have just been rain fade.

Adam

I get the message occasionally and I think nothing is wrong with the switch, you may have interrupted the 625 while it was performing some maintenance tasks. For me, the rare occasion that happens is usually after the receiver has been off for a long period. I checked my switch and it's fine.

Last edited:
Ok

OK... Would it be worth while to just replace the cables running from the 625 to the Dish-Pro splitter? They are short stubby wires right now.

Sys-info and check switch clean

I ran both the sysinfo and check switch. Both come back clean. I called Dish, they are going to send a tech our Wednesday. I am assuming they will replace the LNBF, I lost 119 on 3 receivers for about 3 min also. LOS is clean so must be on the fritz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts