dvr 722 remote issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deadcow55

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
indiana
I have a customer who is having issuess with remote not working with dvr.Will only work part of the time. Changed batteries. We has tried 5 different models of ir remotes, tried a uhf remote with an antenna, we have swapped the box and remote, tried all 15 remote addresses, also opened a case number with Sharp who claims the only setting on the TV that could cause this is an opc setting which controls the backlight features to the tv.changed setting with no luck. Res says that she also called Sharp and did a firmware upgrade to the tv. When i spoke with them they stated that firmware would not cause this issue. The residents tv is a sharp lc32sb24u. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

So is it the DVR or the Sharp TV? Does the remote work on the TV functions and not the DVR or the other way around? Or both. Why would you update the TV when the DVR remote won't make the TV work? I believe you asking to get the DVR remote to control your TV properly, vol, input, power? What will the remote do or not do?

"Will only work part of the time."

Does this mean that at times everything works correctly, and then it stops working completely? And as stated above, please clarify which remote you're trying to use to control both- Dish remote for all functions? And does the TV remote work perfectly on the TV, and the Dish remote work perfectly for the DVR?

The dish remote works fine with the tv functions , it only does not work when trying to use dish functions like changing channels, guide and dvr funtions. will work for 5 mins, 5 mins later will not work. its off and on. can move remote closer to receiver, same thing happens. tv remote works fine also with tv

Since it doesn't seem to be a defective remote, I think we need to narrow it down to a defective DVR, or interference from the TV (or perhaps other source).

I recommend you get a blanket or such, and see if the remote works when the DVR and remote are under the blanket, with all light from the TV and other sources blocked. If it works fine then, you know you have some interference from somewhere. If not, it would seem to be the DVR.

Let us know, please.

Learned a cool uhf remote trick from a field install guru. Take the uhf remote antenna off the back of the dvr and detach the tv 2 out coax. Attach and run two jumpers from tv2 out and UHF on back of dvr to the out ports of a two way splitter. Attach coax feeding tv2 to the input of the two way splitter at Dvr location. Add a two way splitter at tv 2 physical location and run a jumper from one out leg of splitter to coax input on tv, attach the UHF antenna to the other out leg of the splitter. (obviously attach the tv2 coax feed to the two way splitter input). Try that and see if it improves the UHF Dish remotes range.

Last edited:
Putting masking tape on the affect IR eye usually does the trick. It's opaque enough to block IR noise but still transparent enough to let the stronger good signals through. Of course relocating the box or using RF work fine too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts