DVR 942 Motherboard in a Vip 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Hi All,
I have a VIP 622 receiver, decided to take the top cover off to check the internal fan because it was making noise, Looked at the motherboard and it was stamped DVR 942 any thoughts on this? Anyway fan was not spinning and I got a frozen screen that said Hardrive has overheated 145 degress. I always have an external fan blowing thru the slots to keep it cooler but decided to turn it off for awhile, thats when the warning poped up rebooted and turned the external fan back on and everything is fine now. When I rebooted I never heard the internal fan come on. Is the internal fan bad?
Thanks

If the Software Version screen says it's a ViP622 HD, then you may have one of the first gen 622s that were possibly going to be the 942 Plus (or Mk II). I don't think it's possible to fit a 942 MoBo into the 622 case because the rear panel configuration is so different.

OP did NOT provide any evidence of his claim. Where is a photo of the mark ?
Same time after Scott's initial review of the receiver we knew it is DP962 model with exactly label on main-board. Not 942 !
As to overheating, not spinning fan - take a look in two major threads dedicated to the problem; you can find a lot facts there.

What are you talking about? Where is the photo of the mark. And what two major threads are you talking about? I just asked a question about the fan. Jeez!

Oh for heavens sake I made a Typo. Should have read DVR 962. I'm glad I wasn't under oath when I made that statement. Chill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)