DVR 942 On E-bay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry to lazy to quote, yes. I don't recall seeing any where that Scott said he had one yet

Oh yeah that's right. I think Dish did send him one directly, so maybe this is a second one?

Insanity! Three systems listed at a "Buy Now" price of $999. At the $699 MSRP, the 942 (barely) holds its own against the HD Tivo box by virtue of having a lower price in exchange of one less ATSC tuner. To pay the same price for fewer features? "I don't think so!"*

* This common expression is now copyright 2004 Pixar

I'm going to watch these on ebay. I wonder if anyone will spend that kind of money. A lot of people paid premiums on the 921's, but they were the first HD dvr for E*. I don't think people will be paying this high of a price for the 942. But a sucker is born every minute. :D

Not good, what if Dish sees that they sell for the higher price on Ebay and then they decide to RAISE there price as they know they are selling at that price?

Wait 10 days then buy one from your local retailer and support them or the retailer that is a sponsor on this board. Dont support an Ebay sale!
There WILL be more stock on 942s in 1-2 weeks.

Heck its not even the first week of April like they said on the retailer chat- Wait and buy one next week.

ScottChez said:
Not good, what if Dish sees that they sell for the higher price on Ebay and then they decide to RAISE there price as they know they are selling at that price?

Wait 10 days then buy one from your local retailer and support them or the retailer that is a sponsor on this board. Dont support an Ebay sale!
There WILL be more stock on 942s in 1-2 weeks.

Heck its not even the first week of April like they said on the retailer chat- Wait and buy one next week.

Give it two weeks and you'll be able to buy one for the normal price. I sold my rights to purchase a 2004 Pontiac GTO for $3,500 on eBay a little over a year ago. So, that person had to pay me $3500 just for the right to purchase the car at sticker price from the dealership. If that bonehead would have waited 6 or eight months, he could have received $3000 cash back + 2.9% financing from GMAC.

Patience on new products is always key...unless money is no object of course.

My pal Claude played a joke on me, well he tried at least.

Somehow he got a 942 box. He loaded it up with an old Dish 5000 receiver. (At least thats what I think it was.) and he sent it to me. We the joke was on him because I didn't open it imediately like he thought I would. :)

Yesterday he called me and asked me where I wanted my real 942 shipped to. And thats the one he talks about above.

So no I didnt have a real 942 like I though (although I did have a real 942 box) :) But in a few hours I will have in my hands a real 942.

Sorry for the confusion, Claude likes to pull stunts like that. :D

BFG said:
I dunno why you'd get a 942 to replace the 921, that's even more crazy. The 942 still doesn't size up to what an a D* HD Tivo DVR can do IMO.

How can you use Dish Home as well? What a slow and waste of a service that is...

The D* trolls are baaaack.

Fill in standard retort of waivered distants, superstations, extra premium movie channels, blah blah blah,...

We GET it. D* has more reliable boxes. Now go back to watching your EPG scroll by SLOOOOOWLY while searching through the illogical channel placement and leave us alone. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Scott Greczkowski said:
My pal Claude played a joke on me, well he tried at least.

Somehow he got a 942 box. He loaded it up with an old Dish 5000 receiver. (At least thats what I think it was.) and he sent it to me. We the joke was on him because I didn't open it imediately like he thought I would. :)

Yesterday he called me and asked me where I wanted my real 942 shipped to. And thats the one he talks about above.

So no I didnt have a real 942 like I though (although I did have a real 942 box) :) But in a few hours I will have in my hands a real 942.

Sorry for the confusion, Claude likes to pull stunts like that. :D

Evil, evil man.

I LIKE him!

You DID spoil his fun by not opening it right away.....Bad Scott! (slaps back of hand)

WTF is this all about:

THE RECEIVER HAS PROGRAMMING PAID FOR ONE YEAR. IT WILL GIVE YOU ALL CHANNELS. AMERICAS EVERYTHING, HBO, CINEMAX, HIGH DEF, EVERYTHING.

so is it hacked or did he already pay for it?

Do not touch this one...

BobMurdoch said:
The D* trolls are baaaack.

Fill in standard retort of waivered distants, superstations, extra premium movie channels, blah blah blah,...

We GET it. D* has more reliable boxes. Now go back to watching your EPG scroll by SLOOOOOWLY while searching through the illogical channel placement and leave us alone. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Umm hello, I have Dish Network.

I'm not a D* Troll. I prefer dish, but If I had to have an HD-DVR I'd tell anyone to get a D* one over E*s because they aren't worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts