Dvr 942

mkcruiser

Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
CAN i HOOK UP 2 SD TV'S ONLY WITH THE 942? My WIFE WAS TOLD BUY DISH NETWORK THIS IS THE DVR SHE NEEDED FOR HER POCKET DISH. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY HD TV'S . DID DISH NETWORK MISDIRECT US AGAIN?

Im looking for a DVR942 for my sd tvs. I want the component cables and the 180hr record time. And as of right now, u cannot activate a DVR942 as a HD receiver, it can only be activated as a SD reciever. OH btw if anyone has a DVR942 for sale I WANT IT!

Does anyone have a list of the recievers that are setup for a PocketDish?
625?

mkcruiser said:
CAN I HOOK UP MY DVR 942 ON 2 SD TV'S IF SO HOW???? NEED HELP
what connections does your SD tv have? If it has component (green, blue, red) connection then yes, if not then i dont think so... and if you cant i wouldnt mind buyin that reciever off you lol. just email me with a price.

Last edited:
mkcruiser said:
CAN I HOOK UP MY DVR 942 ON 2 SD TV'S IF SO HOW???? NEED HELP

THe 942 has Composite (Yellow RCA) outputs on both TV1 and TV2. so yes you can provided your TV's have composite connections.

If you have a really old or really inexpensive TV that only has RF (coax) inputs or if you want to distribute the signal via Coax, then you can buy an RF modulator box for $20 at Walmart, Kmart, radio shack, etc. Or run it through a VCR if you have one lying around.

If one of your SD TV's has component (RGB) inputs then hook one up that way.

In fewer words yes you can hook up two SD tv's to the 942 fairly easily.

sA :: Shaggy said:
what connections does your SD tv have? If it has component (green, blue, red) connection then yes, if not then i dont think so... and if you cant i wouldnt mind buyin that reciever off you lol. just email me with a price.
I have RCA connections on TV 1 and TV 2, can I hook the 942 up just like a regular dvr?

NOHDjunkie said:
THe 942 has Composite (Yellow RCA) outputs on both TV1 and TV2. so yes you can provided your TV's have composite connections.

If you have a really old or really inexpensive TV that only has RF (coax) inputs or if you want to distribute the signal via Coax, then you can buy an RF modulator box for $20 at Walmart, Kmart, radio shack, etc. Or run it through a VCR if you have one lying around.

If one of your SD TV's has component (RGB) inputs then hook one up that way.

In fewer words yes you can hook up two SD tv's to the 942 fairly easily.

The DVR has Green Blue and Red RCA's for the video output for a HD output and a HDMI output, so for TV1 it has no yellow RCA for video

The DVR has Green Blue and Red RCA's for the video output for a HD output and a HDMI output, so for TV1 it has no yellow RCA for video.

mkcruiser said:
The DVR has Green Blue and Red RCA's for the video output for a HD output and a HDMI output, so for TV1 it has no yellow RCA for video.
If so how do I hook it up? I have regular composite connections on both TV's red white and yellow

Attachments

• Dish-Player-DVR-942-back.jpg
    Dish-Player-DVR-942-back.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Looking to sell brand new 942 unless someone knows of an inexpensive way to hook up 2 SD TV's or convert component to composite video?

Dish is wrong.

The pocket dish now works on the 522,622,625, and 942. You don't need the 942 anymore.

Hopefully this helps you to avoid spending the extra money on it.

pocket dish

BFG said:
Dish is wrong.

The pocket dish now works on the 522,622,625, and 942. You don't need the 942 anymore.

Hopefully this helps you to avoid spending the extra money on it.
I already bought the 942 but don't have a hd TV. The pocket Dish crashes the 522 and all the above when using usb you can only hook it up with RCA cables a record live TV, we wanted to be able to record 1 program and watch another. Short of buying an HD TV I cant use the 942 and cant afford the 611 the only dvrs that work with pocket dish without live mode.

The 522/625 will work with the pocketdish using usb after they upgrade to L2.92 which is in the process of being SLOWLY rolled out.

Boy, tough issue to tackle.

While it's pretty cheap to throw in a composite out during the manufacturing stage, it's much more difficult to convert component to composite using an external device.

You might be able to find a DVD recorder that has a component input and a composite or s-video output. But most can't do this. Even those with digital inputs tend to be firewire inputs, not DVI or HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts