DVR - contents lost

bmccormi_99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Orlando, FL
I had a strange sequence of events that has caused the contents of my DVR to be gone. I have a 722.

1. After a restart (power went out), there was a message that the external hard drive was new and needed to be formatted. Sat. AM.
2. As this contained dozens of recordings in my archive, I immediately unplugged the external hard drive.
3. After the receiver finished starting, the contents of my DVR were gone. Timers were there.
4. I contacted customer support - had me unplug, yes, it is gone, dvr live tv functions still work,etc. They said it could be failing and wanted to know if I wanted to exchange for a new receiver. Not yet, still investigating.
5. On Saturday evening, I went to check DishOnline.com and brought up my DVR remotely - and there were the entire contents of my DVR! (As they were on Friday).
6. Later on Saturday, some recordings happened as scheduled, and now I have 2 new items on my DVR.
7. I no longer can see the recordings from dishonline.com as I saw in #5. (just the new items and the external archive)

Does anyone have any insight/advice? Are they really gone?
Thanks,
Bill

It doesn't look good. I think there is caching going on wrt DishOnline and it was showing you the recordings as they existed earlier, before the receiver deleted everything. At least your external archive disk is still available...

Had the same thing happen with a 622. Watching a DVRed show one minute, next minute it froze, rebooted, and then said it couldn't see the HD. It happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts