no 922 for me

stoney

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
fresno,ca
Called to trade in my 722k for a 922 but I was informed that the 922 was not available for lease but had to pay for it. $600+!!! Is this true. YOu can only buy the 922?

Called to trade in my 722k for a 922 but I was informed that the 922 was not available for lease but had to pay for it. $600+!!! Is this true. YOu can only buy the 922?
Hi stoney, please send me a PM with your account information. It really does vary by account as to what upgrade promotion you can qualify for but I will be happy to look into this for you and advise your options. Thank you!

I to had been thinking of getting the 922. I called yesterdy and was told I had to pay more than $450. The rep told me there was no promotions going on for that box. I told them I had not upgraded my box still did'nt matter , $450 or no box

I to had been thinking of getting the 922. I called yesterdy and was told I had to pay more than $450. The rep told me there was no promotions going on for that box. I told them I had not upgraded my box still did'nt matter , $450 or no box

Hi and:welcometo Sat Guys. I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Please send me a Pm with your account information and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

What? I was thinking of updating a 722k also to the 922. I already have a 922 for my primary and am so enamored with the 922 I just have to have another........but for 450 bucks?

ok, after seeing that dish was offering the 922 receiver free , I thought I would call again. well it gets better. It's not $450 but $649.F'n unbelievable. Apparently I am being penalized for being bundled with AT&T.

jowa500 said:
ok, after seeing that dish was offering the 922 receiver free , I thought I would call again. well it gets better. It's not $450 but $649.F'n unbelievable. Apparently I am being penalized for being bundled with AT&T.

This is why I always recommend that nobody signs up through a telco instead I always say sign up through dishstore, your local dish network retailer or directly through dish.

I called and they are find with giving me the 922, but i have to pay $95 for the tech visit to install it.
If I am going to have a tech come out i think i will have them keep my 622 on the account and just use it for the kids in the other room.

Call and order the service plan before you set up the appointment. That'll knock your $95 down to $15. Then in 5-6 months you can cancel the plan. You'll come out ahead.

Call and order the service plan before you set up the appointment. That'll knock your $95 down to $15. Then in 5-6 months you can cancel the plan. You'll come out ahead.

I believe it's 150 days on the plan before you get an ETF for dropping the Protection Plan. The fee is only $25 so you can drop it right away if you desire. It's still cheaper than the $95 truck roll. Or keep it for 5 months for $30, $5 more than the $25, and have some protection for a while.

Drop it immediately, it only costs you $25, if you keep it it costs you at least twice that much and it is not worth it unless you have more than 3 trouble calls per year.

Drop it immediately, it only costs you $25, if you keep it it costs you at least twice that much and it is not worth it unless you have more than 3 trouble calls per year.
Yes, but as the previous post says, it's only $5 more to keep it for the 5 required months, piece of mind for any potential problems with a new installation/receiver.

You can just install the 922 yourself? You need a tech to install it for you? Is it really that complicated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts