DVR Default

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Is there any way to have a DVR recording default to Once rather than New Programs? Most of the time I don't want to record multiple episodes. Its no big deal, but I was just wondering.

Doh! He did say default didn't he...... The default used to be 'Once.' Most, and I mean just about everyone, wanted that to be New Episodes. It got set up that way for a reason.

Yea that is a good idea.Sometimes when not paying close attention I hit the default choice and end up recording a bunch of stuff I didn't mean to.

Yup, same here. Plus the stuff I want to keep I move to my EHD, and then the timer fires later on and records another 14 hours. :( If the default were Once, the timer would go away on it's own without a search and destroy mission. Well... The 14 hr series is a bad example, but you all get the point.

The default is always depends on the type of program you are trying to record. When i want record a movie from a movie channel, the default is once (once is highlighted) when recording a regular show, new eps is highlighted

unless its a syndicated show then it defaults to all

but honestly this is one complaint I had when I started with Dish. Directv is simple
one hit of record button to record that show
two to record the series (which has the defaults already...default is new)

No extra menus to go into to set up a recording like with Dish

I think the "once" for movies, "new" for series, and "all" for syndicated shows is a logical setup for defaults. I'd rather err on the side of recording too much than not recording enough or missing something. JMO.

unless its a syndicated show then it defaults to all

but honestly this is one complaint I had when I started with Dish. Directv is simple
one hit of record button to record that show
two to record the series (which has the defaults already...default is new)

No extra menus to go into to set up a recording like with Dish

Guess it's what a person prefers,when I was with D* I thought I liked the one button record feature,but after accidentally pressing the record button several times in 3 years when using the D* remote.I can now state I prefer when I accidentally hit the record button I like Dish Network's 722k's setup better(you have to confirm you want to record).No accidentally recorded partial programs to delete,but like I said it would be a personal preference what a person likes.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)