DVR Events (NBA games) not being recorded

shenglish

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Twice now I've set timers for NBA playoff games on NBA on TNT, and they have not been recorded. (Conveniently both times my team won and I wanted to save the recording.) Sorry to be long-winded but I want to give the details on my 722 setup...

Last time before going out of town I set timers for Bos/Chi game 1 (Sat ABC I think - OTA), 2 (Tue TNT), and 3 (Thur TNT), as well as some other OTA show for my mom Sunday. Only the OTA shows got saved. When I was setting them up, one of them was x'd out as it thought it was a rerun of "NBA Basketball" on TNT, but I managed to override that.

Since coming back, game 4 on ABC got taped successfully when I was away (ABC, OTA manual timer); game 5 (TNT) was taped successfully while I was at home watching along with it; game 6 was taped successfully while I was home, except the listing was wrong so it started at 7 instead of 8.

Now I set up Game 7 for TNT (Saturday) the night before, went away that evening, and got back today to find no trace of it. This was the only active timer at the time.

The only weird thing about my setup is that I have a slingbox set up for TV2 - so I can't wake it up remotely from the slingbox. So I turned off the sleep function - it still goes to sleep at night, but if I am home in the morning before I am going somewhere else , I can wake it up and set it to the channel I want, then watch TV2 on the slingbox from elsewhere later.

I did notice one weird thing - once after I had been away several days, I turned on the slingbox on a whim and noticed that TV2 was awake. Could this erratic sleep/wake up cycle be causing problems? Maybe it didn't bother to wake up to record the game? Or could the problem be related to TV listing updates, getting skipped because I set it to record "NBA Basketball teams TBA" but it got updated to "NBA Baksetball Boston vs Chicago"? Could the lack of sleep mode be causing trouble regarding getting TV listing updates and contributing to the problem?

Or could the problem be related to TV listing updates, getting skipped because I set it to record "NBA Basketball teams TBA" but it got updated to "NBA Baksetball Boston vs Chicago"?

I have had the same problem, and I changed to using a Manual Timer to record the channel and that worked fine.

I think that the "ID number" of the program changes when it shifts from TBA to the actual game info.

Sometimes it is still TBA on the day of the game and sometimes not, so I am using Manual Timers to be safe:

My Recordings->Schedule->Timers->Manual Timer

and it will be easier if you know the channel number before you start.

PS And I have also had the same problem before with a soccer match that was scheduled as TBA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)