DVR Events show up in list as “Locked Event”???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Hi,

For some reason last week I noticed that a lot of my DVR events on my ViP622/722 changed their names to LOCKED EVENT. When if I push Info, it asks for my password, I type it in, and then it tells me what the show actually is. If I want to play the event, I have to put my password in again, and sometimes even a third time if I hit the skip button to skip commercials!!

This has gotten very annoying, and I have looked everywhere and can’t find a straight answer on why my DVR is doing this.

I have also attached a small pic on what this looks like in my DVR list. (note: the blacked out spots are actual event titles that show up correctly, the others that I didn’t black out are the ones I am talking about.)

Anyone know what this is, or how to fix it?
Thanks!

-Scott

Attachments

• lockedevents.JPG
    lockedevents.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 437
Did you add any parental controls lately? Also are these recordings from packages that you dropped (example: HBO)?

Did you add any parental controls lately? Also are these recordings from packages that you dropped (example: HBO)?

I have the system locked (menu > locks) but I don't have any rating limits turned on.

Also, now that you mentioned it, I think some of the locked evets might be from HBO, because I just canceled it last week, probably when this stared happening.

Hi,

For some reason last week I noticed that a lot of my DVR events on my ViP622/722 changed their names to LOCKED EVENT. When if I push Info, it asks for my password, I type it in, and then it tells me what the show actually is. If I want to play the event, I have to put my password in again, and sometimes even a third time if I hit the skip button to skip commercials!!

This has gotten very annoying, and I have looked everywhere and can’t find a straight answer on why my DVR is doing this.

I have also attached a small pic on what this looks like in my DVR list. (note: the blacked out spots are actual event titles that show up correctly, the others that I didn’t black out are the ones I am talking about.)

Anyone know what this is, or how to fix it?
Thanks!

-Scott

I get this after a power outage, I unlock the system to watch the dvr events. I then lock the system and any new recordings are fine.

I get this after a power outage, I unlock the system to watch the dvr events. I then lock the system and any new recordings are fine.

Hmm.. No power outages for me. Also, unlocking, and re-locking does not fix the problem.

It's because you are no longer sub'd to HBO. I recorded several movies during the free previews of Showtime and HBO in October and they have shown up as "Locked Event"s since the previews ended.

I still have access to the recordings on channels I'm no longer subbed to, so that's not it

Ok, so it is the HBO movies I recorded!

So how do I remove this "LOCKED EVENT" label. Its really annoying!

Thanks!

Are the channels they were recorded from locked out of the guide?

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought this was the problem, but apparently not. I just double checked tonight and the channels are NOT locked in the guide. When the system is unlocked, the event titles come up, but when I lock the system (with the channels locks off) it still masks the title.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)