DVR Events show up in list as “Locked Event”???

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Hi,

For some reason last week I noticed that a lot of my DVR events on my ViP622/722 changed their names to LOCKED EVENT. When if I push Info, it asks for my password, I type it in, and then it tells me what the show actually is. If I want to play the event, I have to put my password in again, and sometimes even a third time if I hit the skip button to skip commercials!!

This has gotten very annoying, and I have looked everywhere and can’t find a straight answer on why my DVR is doing this.

I have also attached a small pic on what this looks like in my DVR list. (note: the blacked out spots are actual event titles that show up correctly, the others that I didn’t black out are the ones I am talking about.)

Anyone know what this is, or how to fix it?
Thanks!

-Scott

Attachments

• lockedevents.JPG
    lockedevents.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 437
Did you add any parental controls lately? Also are these recordings from packages that you dropped (example: HBO)?

Did you add any parental controls lately? Also are these recordings from packages that you dropped (example: HBO)?

I have the system locked (menu > locks) but I don't have any rating limits turned on.

Also, now that you mentioned it, I think some of the locked evets might be from HBO, because I just canceled it last week, probably when this stared happening.

Hi,

For some reason last week I noticed that a lot of my DVR events on my ViP622/722 changed their names to LOCKED EVENT. When if I push Info, it asks for my password, I type it in, and then it tells me what the show actually is. If I want to play the event, I have to put my password in again, and sometimes even a third time if I hit the skip button to skip commercials!!

This has gotten very annoying, and I have looked everywhere and can’t find a straight answer on why my DVR is doing this.

I have also attached a small pic on what this looks like in my DVR list. (note: the blacked out spots are actual event titles that show up correctly, the others that I didn’t black out are the ones I am talking about.)

Anyone know what this is, or how to fix it?
Thanks!

-Scott

I get this after a power outage, I unlock the system to watch the dvr events. I then lock the system and any new recordings are fine.

I get this after a power outage, I unlock the system to watch the dvr events. I then lock the system and any new recordings are fine.

Hmm.. No power outages for me. Also, unlocking, and re-locking does not fix the problem.

It's because you are no longer sub'd to HBO. I recorded several movies during the free previews of Showtime and HBO in October and they have shown up as "Locked Event"s since the previews ended.

I still have access to the recordings on channels I'm no longer subbed to, so that's not it

Ok, so it is the HBO movies I recorded!

So how do I remove this "LOCKED EVENT" label. Its really annoying!

Thanks!

Are the channels they were recorded from locked out of the guide?

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought this was the problem, but apparently not. I just double checked tonight and the channels are NOT locked in the guide. When the system is unlocked, the event titles come up, but when I lock the system (with the channels locks off) it still masks the title.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)