DVR fee for new Hopper question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I have 2 Hoppers w/sling and two joeys. Slow Joeys BTW. Pay 12.00 for each Hopper per month. $7 per Joey. When the Hopper 3 comes out. I see the new price is $15.00 per DVR/Hopper. So if I get 3 Joeys which are slower I save $2 per month is the correct? Thanks

I have 2 Hoppers w/sling and two joeys. Slow Joeys BTW. Pay 12.00 for each Hopper per month. $7 per Joey. When the Hopper 3 comes out. I see the new price is $15.00 per DVR/Hopper. So if I get 3 Joeys which are slower I save $2 per month is the correct? Thanks

It has been reported that the slow joeys will be replaced with Joey 2.0, which are faster, when you get the hopper 3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

yes, you will save $2/mo. However, your joeys will be faster since they upgrade you to the Joey 2 for free.

Is the 4K Joey faster than the joey 2? Or about the same. I guess unless you have tested the 4K there is no way to tell.

Newer chipset. I would assume faster, but at the same time, the 2.0's do everything they are suppose too. So that said, either option is good, and the 4ks cost money. That's why I would hold off.

Reactions: budda
I'm confused about the Hopper 3 pricing. I have two HWS and charged $12. I'm told that I'm only paying extra for the second Hopper and not charged for the first one on my account. I'm also charged $12 for DVR Service. If we are only allowed one Hopper 3, shouldn't it be without a $15 charge? Is there a DVR fee on top of that? Now I pay $12 + $12 = $24. If I get a Hopper 3 and one Joey, will it be $15 + $12 + $7 = $34? That would $10 a month more.

I'm confused about the Hopper 3 pricing. I have two HWS and charged $12. I'm told that I'm only paying extra for the second Hopper and not charged for the first one on my account. I'm also charged $12 for DVR Service. If we are only allowed one Hopper 3, shouldn't it be without a $15 charge? Is there a DVR fee on top of that? Now I pay $12 + $12 = $24. If I get a Hopper 3 and one Joey, will it be $15 + $12 + $7 = $34? That would $10 a month more.

It will be $15 + $7 for the Joey = $22.

The first receiver has no charge, however you are charged $12 DVR fee. The $12 DVR fee would be replaced with a $15 DVR fee, and the second hopper($12) would become $7(Joey).

Only so long as that relative pricing scheme lasts. Do you think it will? Or we will later find the H3 more expensive than two HWS or other configurations?

I have no reason to believe it will change soon. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the DVR fee went up after a year or two.

Only so long as that relative pricing scheme lasts. Do you think it will? Or we will later find the H3 more expensive than two HWS or other configurations?
My prediction was yes it will increase, and before 2017 scheduled increase.

If not I eat Crow, and if I'm right the ones that claimed no, Have to throw their unwrapped Hopper 3s in a Bathtub full of water.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Honestly, I bet it will go up. When, that's hard to tell. Probably sooner than later to offset the 3 year price lock.

Increases assume the H3 is looked at as a premium. It's just the next Hopper. HWS will be out of production. The DVR fee may(will) eventually increase, but it won't be an H3 only increase.

I were Dish, I'd have made it eight tuners enabled, and with a fee option to enable 16, but they can't put that Genie back in the bottle(at least for existing users).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)