Dvr For $299

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I supposedly got this same deal but I checked on my order yesterday because I forgot my install date, and I see they have listed 299.00 plus tax. I called to find out why, but nobody has returned my call, after I missed the orginal call back.

If they are trying to screw me, they can forget it. I am not upgrading IM actually adding it, but she told me for the same deal..Someone better get back to me by monday morning or someone is getting turned back around when they get here.

You need to call them back again, I have never had them call me back when they said they would.
I would call them again and confirm the deal you worked out with them, chances are they listed it as $299 now,until it's actually on thier books,it looks like a sale of $299 and then they will add any credits to it when it gets installed.

Jimbo

I called retention today (my third try) about the HR20. the first CSR told me $299, the second said $199 the third (the charm?) is giving it to me for $99 with a $99 credit (I have to pay $19.99 S/H to have a installer bring it to me). I just recommitted in July 06 and received the HR10-250 then. I tried to get them to let me keep the HR10 and move it to a bedroom to replace a standard receiver but they insist I send the HR10 back ??? Maybe I'll wait a couple days and call again and see if I can keep it. As long as I'm recommitting for another two years I dont understand why ??? any suggestions ? It seems it the luck of the draw when talking to different CSR's ???

Chances are they asked for the other one back because they gave you the $99 deal, if you want to keep it,they may tell you $ 199, which by the way I think is a pretty good deal when you think about it.

I do not agrue and bicker with them about equipment prices.

Jimbo

I didnt expect to get it for free. I just took my chances because I had good luck in July 06 getting the HR10 free. It took me a few calls then so I figured I'd give it a shot this time. I just figured they would let me keep it since it's being fazed out (I'm guessing) I have a standard TIVO in the master bedroom and my daughter is always in there. I was hoping to just switch it with her standard receiver. I know I got a good deal since they did give me a HR10 for free too. Its just unreal that everytime I call Directv, I get different responses??? Luck of the draw. I never would have known if it wasnt for this site.

Also, since I have the protection plan I fugured they would have swapped it out with a HR20 IF anything should/would have happened to the HR10.:eureka

It's funny because if you search under my nick last year, I made the exact same post as you.

At the end of the ordering process, the CSR reads everything back and states everything and as he was going he said "there is a 24 months comittment.....hmmm....wait....there is no 24 month committment - its usually here but it says no committment on the screen" I then interrupted and said ok...please repeat that for me - and he did again - this time on tape.

I also had another 3rd party who's account it was conferenced in and he heard it just as I did and once the CSR was off, I told him I have never heard of it - but we have it on tape and both of us heard it - so lots of luck having that stand up if they challenge it.

Remember, I haven't signed a new contract - the oral committment is all I have agreed to - so they can claim it all they want - but whatever.

Regardless, this house is in Beverly Hills on the side of the Mountain, shaded from Mt. Wilson. Nothing comes in OTA. They already have 6 HD-LILs in LA. I doubt this person will drop D* in 24 months anyway.

As for the other - this person is in charge of Programming of a Broadcast Group - so I am pretty sure that his bills gets paid on time and doubt he ever complains about anything - until I do it as him for this purpose, lol.

The queue says he is an A Customer - whatever that really means.

Now, as they missed the install last week, I called again today to beat them up more.

I wanted to change the H20s for HR20s....their computer system will not allow more than 1 HR20 install that they send out every 6 months now - so even the Customer Retention Floor Manager could not over-ride the system.

So they agreed for the missed install, that I could go out and purchase 2 HR20s at retail - and they would install them on the new install date with their supplied units - and they would give me a $200 per HR20 rebate on my D* bill.

Thus, now I have:

1 5 lnb dish and install
1 Multiswitch
3 HR20s
2 H20s
Move HD-TIVO to different room
$10 off Bill for HD for next 12 months
No committment
Total outlay - $199.00

What a mess.....they missed the install day for the second time this past week - cancelling at 6:30pm - what a joke. Tried to give me a March 26th install date saying that was the soonest available now (remember this has gone on since about January 20th).

Needless to say that didn't fly. They came out this morning.

D* rebated me the $199 - thus I THOUGHT I was getting the above for free.

Installer showed up today and brought out 2 HR20s instead of the 1 he was supposed to bring out and everything is in place.

Thus I have

1 5 lnb dish and install
1 Multiswitch 6x16
4 HR20s
2 H20s
Move HD-TIVO to different room
$10 off Bill for HD for next 12 months
No committment
Total outlay - $0

Seems pretty stupid to me, but there you go.

Nope, they are delivering 2 at once. They charged me for both immediately ($199 total) on credit card, and gave me $100 credit on next bill. I had the feeling I was dealing with someone that didn't have to check with someone at a higher level.

Trust me, I was hoping for 1 at 99, so 2 at 99 blew my mind. I am a LONG time customer with premiums, etc.

In all due respect, I'd double check everything....there is too much evidence that the computer system will not allow 2 HR20s, as I was originally told.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=850698&postcount=1282

Okay, here's the final result. I did get my 2 HR-20's as promised. No problems along those lines at all. The installer did not get the word as to the "major rewiring" I wanted to do, but we worked it out, if you know what I mean.

I am having interface withdrawal issues as I get used to the new system, and I'm having "lock up" issues on one of the HR-20's. It's weird. Every once in a while I'll get a message to install the card for about 2 seconds, and then it disappears.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)