DVR HD Remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmann304

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I got one of those new HD DVR HR20 700 i think with the new HD Mpeg 4 functions.

Problem is i can't find a universal remote code for it.

Who makes this reciever and if i want to use RF remote with it. Where does the RF Antenna Go and how to set that up?

It doesn't matter who manufactures it, because all current receivers use the same codeset, a codeset no named brand ever used. All receivers that use the current codeset have only been branded DIRECTV. So it will be listed as directv along with the other sat brands, and even then it still might not have a code. What is the brand and model of remote?

Its the Kamelian Remote. Blue color from Radio Shack.

Whats weird is the RF remote doesn't work when i check RF in the options under setup.

Remote works ok now but sometimes doesn't work and i have to wave my hand accross the IR sensor and than remote works but i ant to use universla remote.

THinking of getting a Logitech Harmany instead and give the Kamelian to my wife for her stuff.

The only kameleon with preset code for the current directv receivers is the One-For-All urc-6960. Kameleon models like the OFA 9960, 9964 and RS 15-2133 & 2138 can have SAT code 1377 loaded over the phone. Other RS kameleons aren't upgradeable.

To switch the receiver to RF, with a IR/RF remote, it has to have a FCC sticker on the back of the remote or it isn't a RF remote;

1. menu> settings> setup> remote> IR/RF>

2. click either IR or RF to reveal both

3. press RF

4. press DONE, now the remote will no longer communicate wih receiver, it has to be swiched to RF:

1. dtv device
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

Thats how to force RF to work with current remote as long as there is a FCC sticker on the back.

I got the Kameleon Remote from Radio Shack 6 in 1 cat 15-2137.

I tried the RCA common code 0880 but nothing.

I did the RF setup and i entered the 6 digits on the ID: but i didn't get the 2 flashing lights.

Its the HR20-700

Scrap that, it works now with RF and even better cuz i was having sensor issues with it in IR mode.

Now i want the Kemeleon remote to work with this reciever. Who can i call or what can i do to get working?

I got it to work with the RF now.

Im comfused about the Kameleon remotes. These is like 5 or 6 of them and mine isn't in the choices anymore at allforone.

I called the Shack and they don't have nothing for me a don't have already. as far as codes are.

I like a nice universal remote that does it all from the TV to the Audio gear.

The Kemelon was good but sounds like it just get off the ground so im looking at the harmony remotes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts