DVR Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ktk3438

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
I finally talked D* into giving me a HD-DVR for shipping only. :clap

And just to check, I looked at my account this morning, and the order is there.

However there is one line item on the order that I cannot understand, maybe someone here can decipher it for me?

"Swap ReplaceImplied DVR IRD"

Anyone know what that means? It might help if I knew what "IRD" meant !

Keep the R10. Dont let them take anything unless you dont want it anymore. You can keep as many receivers on the account as you like.

Cool, I'll keep the DVR's, and if need be, I'll dump one of my D11's.

The R10 maybe be old, and only SD, but I'd really hate to drop that.

I was just wondering if that terminology meant that they were swapping an old DVR for a new, but now that you've cleared that up, I know what to expcect.

Thanks

It doesnt hurt Directv for you to keep any receivers active on the account. They make money on something that was already paid for. So feel free to keep whatever ones you want. They wont try to take it from you.

I was thinking of deactivating a D11, so I don;t have to pay another $4.99/month.

Good idea. Generally installers dont want the old equipment. You can keep it or if you never want it, give it to the installer or sell it on ebay.

Provided the D11 is not leased. If it is leased, D* may want it back when you are no longer a customer.

Not a problem. If I'm no longer a customer, I'll no longer have a need for them, so they can have them back :D

Provided the D11 is not leased. If it is leased, D* may want it back when you are no longer a customer.

Funny, when I deactivated one of my D11's months ago, they told me to do whatever I wanted with th old D11. I'm not only still a customer, but I just signed up for 2 more years with the new DVR!

When I called last night after my HR20 to deactivate another D11, they told me it was leased, and they wanted it back! They're sending an empty box for me to ship it back.

I forgot to ask if they wanted all the cables and the remote sent back with it, do I need to send those? I have it all ready, but I'll keep what I can for future hook ups.

Funny, when I deactivated one of my D11's months ago, they told me to do whatever I wanted with th old D11. I'm not only still a customer, but I just signed up for 2 more years with the new DVR!

When I called last night after my HR20 to deactivate another D11, they told me it was leased, and they wanted it back! They're sending an empty box for me to ship it back.

I forgot to ask if they wanted all the cables and the remote sent back with it, do I need to send those? I have it all ready, but I'll keep what I can for future hook ups.

Keep the cables and everything else. The only thing D* wants back is the receiver and the access card that is in it.

Keep the cables and everything else. The only thing D* wants back is the receiver and the access card that is in it.

Cool, I could always use extra cables, and another remote doesn't hurt either!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts