Status
Please reply by conversation.

greddy09sc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Hi ,

I have a HR20-700 HD/DVR receiver.

I am currently running one coaxial from dish to receiver.

I am aware that I need 2 coaxial to Record and watch at the same time.

Instead of running a whole new coaxial from the dish to the receiver, is it possible to use a combiner from the dish to combine 2 coaxial cable into one cable from the dish... and then use a splitter to split the cable into 2 cables right before connecting it to the receiver.

If so, where can I buy this? how much does it cost?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

No.

There is a device known as an Single Wire Multiswitch that is supposed to be coming out sometime in the next few months that will accomplish what you're looking for, but at this time, it is not available.

Harshness...Thanks for your help.

I guess I have no choice but to run another line. ARGHHHH!!

I was trying to find a easy way out...

Even when the Single wire multiswitch comes out, do you think it'll be more or less than $50?

Harshness...Thanks for your help.

I guess I have no choice but to run another line. ARGHHHH!!

I was trying to find a easy way out...

Even when the Single wire multiswitch comes out, do you think it'll be more or less than $50?

No word on WHEN it will be out or How Much, or if it will be available to the public, vs just thru D*.

Jimbo

I'm betting that it will be more than $50 for the hardware.

I should have pointed out that the SWM is not compatible with more than two "legacy" tuners. At this time, it is claimed to have single wire compatibility exclusively with the D12, H20, H21, HR20 and HR21 DIRECTV branded models.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)