DVR Menu sorting?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
On the old Hopper I always used sort by date no folders, I cant seem to do that with this one.

Other issue is this new software reminds me of what Directv started doing. When sorting folders by date, it sorts by the newest which is horrible...

For example, my oldest folder is Haven with a 12/17 show. Homeland with a 12/20 show, AHS with a 1/6 show, and then Blue Bloods with a 12/11 show. That makes no sense.

Thats the thing. Sort by date does not properly sort folders. Old way you could sot by date no folders, this way sucks. We like to watch shows in order as they were recorded because we stay 1-2 months behind.

I thought you could sort by episode number? I'm pretty sure that's how mine is. I don't use folders though, so not sure if sorting within folders is different.

Its grouping my shows into folders on its on is what I am saying. If there are multiple episodes. On the HWS you could sort without groups/folders.

Unless I am missing an option elsewhere other than hitting the option button while I am in the DVR menu. It has two sort options, date and a-z and you can't ungroup episodes. When they are grouped, and you select sort by date, it does not sort them correctly. My oldest episode was on a group 5 up from the last group.

I always had my HWS group shows by type, so H3 is no different in that regard for me. I then sort by episode number so the recordings are in order from older to newer. It sounds like you don't want the same shows grouped together? I don't think that's possible.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking. Direct did the same thing with an update right before I switch, about a year ago. What I do not understand is, if I have sort by date, why are the groups of episodes not sorted by date. I mean the last 3 groups of shows have shows newer than one 4th up, when it should be last. Makes no sense. Makes it impossible to easily watch shows in order they were recorded.

My issue from day one with the H3 is go into a folder that has 4 or more shows of the same title and sort by date, then its a free forall the newest might show up 1 or 3rd or last and vice versa, its like their programmers do not know how to do a sort on recorded dates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts