DVR on ViP612

moon_man99

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Oregon
Ok I have a vip612 and an old 500 antenna. When I go to record a future program, set it up to record and when that time comes nothing happens. No red light on receiver either.

On the screen I get on the program I am looking to record and there is a little clock (blueish) with the number 2 when it's time it goes to a red dot with the number 2. I go to "my recordings" menu and it's not shown. I got to the schedule and it shows recording. If I hit the record button as I am watching a program it records red light comes on, in program guide red dot with #2 is there and shows recording in schedule and my recordings. Try and change channel says loss of signal but I stop recording I am able to change channels.

I know I need to get a 1000.2 dish, my question is will this fix my DVR recording problem as well or do you think my receiver is having issues of its own and has nothing to do with antenna at all. As far as wiring goes I have 1 coax from dish into house what I am going to call a splitter directly behind receiver with 2 connections being made into back of receiver. Thank you in advance.

I honestly don't know if it's a dish pro or dish pro plus. On the label under the "eyes" it says Dish. Digital LNBF. No mention of pro or pro plus.

IIRC, menu-6-1-3 will tell you what the receiver sees. Do you have two cables from dish to 612, or one?

Just one. Which info on the 6-1-3? All gibberish to me.

That's the problem. A receiver like that needs a separator, if you're using a Dish Plus Pro dish. That takes the single cable from the dish, and splits it into sat in #1 and sat in #2. That feeds Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. If you only have a single cable attached to sat in #1, then Tuner 2 is dead. When you set something to record to Tuner 2, there is no sat signal going there to record. Menu 6-1-1, then check switch, then test. There are two sets of boxes, Sat input #1 and #2, and if things are connected correctly, you'll see sats listed (with a green box and OK below it) in each of the two Satellite Input boxes.

This is a separator. Notice it feeds sat inputs #1 and #2

123254_medlrg.jpg

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...ase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base

That is a link to one. Note this:

DC & DiSeqC Pass, 950-2150 MHz.Used to separate a single line from a Dish 500 DPP twin lnb into two lines for use with DPP separator compatible two-input Dish Network receivers.
? The DP Separator will not work with a standard DISH Pro Twin LNB dish (DP)

If you go to Menu 6-1-3, let us know what it shows for Device. That will tell us if you are using a DPP (dish plus pro) dish, which would use a single cable from the antenna to that separator, or a DP Twin, which would NOT use a separator, but rather, two cables from the dish down

Just one. Which info on the 6-1-3? All gibberish to me.

A couple of screengrabs from my receiver to explain a few things. Menu 6-1-3 is gonna show this:

View attachment 94812

The key is Field H, it shows "Device", which is the dish. I have a Dish Plus Pro 1000.4 dish, that will tell you if you have a DPP500, or similar. If you have something that is DPP, that will require a separator.

Here is my Menu-6-1-3:

View attachment 94813

Notice I have a sat input 1 and sat input 2, you will too. If everything is OK, you'll see sats listed for both with OK under each. Also notice that I have a separator to split the single cable in into input 1 and 2, which feeds tuners 1 and 2.

So the attachments aren't coming up on my end for some reason but with your discriptions I can tell exactly what you are talking about. In the device field it says "DUAL". Right now for some reason my 119 is showing a big red and black x. But this wasn't the case two days ago. And the 110 has nothing, after switch test there is ok info out of sat one but no info for sat two. It all makes sense now. Time to upgrade my dish obviously. In the mean time....should I have two cables from the dish into the box with no separator?

So the attachments aren't coming up on my end for some reason but with your discriptions I can tell exactly what you are talking about. In the device field it says "DUAL". Right now for some reason my 119 is showing a big red and black x. But this wasn't the case two days ago. And the 110 has nothing, after switch test there is ok info out of sat one but no info for sat two. It all makes sense now. Time to upgrade my dish obviously. In the mean time....should I have two cables from the dish into the box with no separator?
Yes 2 cables needed for both tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)