DVR only records first hour of 2-hour program

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
The DVR on my Hopper2 is only recording the first hour of some longer programs. I see on the guide that those programs are shown as back to back one hour programs and have the same episode number instead of being shown as a 2 hour program.. Evidently that error on the guide is causing the DVR to see the second hour as a repeat since it is showing the same episode number. For instance, Varney & Company on Fox Business is this way. All long programs are not this way and some record properly. It seems that this just started after the latest software update.

Any suggestions??? The wife is very unhappy. She DVR's everything she watches.

About all you can do is go through your schedule under recordings (tab at the top) and mark the second hour to record also. If skipped recordings do not appear, go the options and select skipped to be on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The DVR on my Hopper2 is only recording the first hour of some longer programs. I see on the guide that those programs are shown as back to back one hour programs and have the same episode number instead of being shown as a 2 hour program.. Evidently that error on the guide is causing the DVR to see the second hour as a repeat since it is showing the same episode number. For instance, Varney & Company on Fox Business is this way. All long programs are not this way and some record properly. It seems that this just started after the latest software update.

Extend the end time to 60 min.

I

There is no record all option on our DISH hopper. I began experiencing the same issues the very same day with all the Fox News programming. The guide has broken all of the Fox News programs spanning more than an hour into one hour segments. This snag is only allowing the 1st hour to record. My work around was to go into each show under DVR GO to “timers” open “edit timer” and select “New & Reruns” to record. We called into DISH support-they we’re not aware of the specific problems we were experiencing & offered only to replace our Hopper (after much wrangling) since we were experiencing other issues with the hopper. Hope this helps…

I
There is no record all option on our DISH hopper. I began experiencing the same issues the very same day with all the Fox News programming. The guide has broken all of the Fox News programs spanning more than an hour into one hour segments. This snag is only allowing the 1st hour to record. My work around was to go into each show under DVR GO to “timers” open “edit timer” and select “New & Reruns” to record. We called into DISH support-they we’re not aware of the specific problems we were experiencing & offered only to replace our Hopper (after much wrangling) since we were experiencing other issues with the hopper. Hope this helps…
The same thing is happening on YouTube TV. Fox News programs are broken into one-hour segments. It seems the problem my originate with Fox News.

The same thing is happening on YouTube TV. Fox News programs are broken into one-hour segments. It seems the problem my originate with Fox News.

That is correct. They have decided to break multiple different multi hour shows into one hour intervals in their guide data.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It seems that the problem was fixed on the Fox News shows. Each hour of the shows now have different episode numbers and that allows the timers to record them as separate shows.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)