DVR Picture Quality (DishNetwork vs. DirecTV)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Are there really any picture quality differences between the DishNetwork proprietary DVR receivers and the DVR equipment used by Direct??

Any directional info would be helpful since I need to decide on providers.

Thanks

Not really, both providers record their stream to the hard drive so it looks the way it was origionally broadcast on the satellite.

Some channels on Dish look better then some channels on DirecTV (and Vice Versa)

Choose the provider that has the programming and packages you like the most. Don't worry about PQq, as one day a channel looks terrible, then another day it may look great.

Thanks for writing JB!

Wow Scott ................ thanks for the really rapid response. I am truly impressed!

Any chance you can give me equipment advice ......... I really want a two tuner receiver, so I guess it is down to the 721 or the looong list of DirecTV receivers. I am currently an original dishplayer 7100 user and it time to upgrade or switch providers.

Thanks again!

Check in the DirecTV DVR forum, you can get a dual tuner DirecTivo for $50 after mail in rebate.

Of course we also have a wide selection of Dish Network products in our online store at http://www.satelliteguysstore.com

Well I think I want to stay with DishNetwork. They have always been good to me.

So I guess my only 2 tuner DVR choice is the rather pricey 721............ or is the 522 a choice as well ?

What are the key differences and when will you have the 522 available?

522 will be available at the end of the month for $399. :)

Check in the General Dish Forum (I did a review of the 322/522 together) The 522 has a really nice interface!

Anonymous said:
Well I think I want to stay with DishNetwork. They have always been good to me.

So I guess my only 2 tuner DVR choice is the rather pricey 721............ or is the 522 a choice as well ?

What are the key differences and when will you have the 522 available?

Noooo....

If you want 2 tuners with your DVR (I can't live anymore with only 1 tuner, too bad when you want to record something on primetime), go to Directv instead. Also there are thousands of variables to consider and for most of them my conclusion was that Directv's unit was the way to go. I got 2 DirecTivos + 1 normal receiver for around $180, but I was new subscriber. PM or e-mail me if you want the details.

Harry is right. No matter which vendor you go with a two tuner DVR is your best bet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts