DVR playback on 6412 suddenly stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck71

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
OK I just recently (3 weeks ago or so) swapped out my old Motorola DCT6412 DVR box and got a new one, and got one of the new "phase 3" boxes, which was nice!

Anyway, I didn't have any problems for awhile, but I just started having some problems. The first thing I noticed was that when I was playing back some recorded shows, the fast forward buttons basically didn't work. It would start to fast forward, then it would just freeze. I could hit Play and it would keep playing, but I didn't really have a way to skip commercials. It was annoying, but I could deal with it.

After a couple days of that, I stopped one of the shows I was playing back, then when I tried to go back in and play it again it wouldn't start at all. The show information for the show I was playing back would come up on the screen (like the guide information) and the front of the box would switch to "PLA" but the playback wouldn't actually show up on the screen. It would just stay on whatever channel the box was tuned to previously. I tried a bunch of different recordings and the same thing happened. I tried powering off and back on, and the same thing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this? Preferable without losing my recordings.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)