DVR Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have it and so far NOT impressed

We've had it less than a week and already it has been out of service 3 times. You can't rewind live TV (HELLO?!?!? The most BASIC function of a DVR), you can only pause for 15 minutes, the button to take you back a few seconds doesn't work, it's slow to respond to the remote, when rewinding or fast forwarding through commercials the auto adjust when you press play makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get to exactly where you need to be, the PIP function does not work, when scheduling a recording in the future the guide goes back to the date/time/channel you are currently on each time (making it terribly time consuming to set multiple recordings) and the interface is slower than anything you can imagine.
I'm giving to two months and if I see no improvements, I'm going back to DirecTV or possiblyt U-Verse.

Thank you for the suggestion. I considered that but then we'd lose the ability to share the recordings on other TVs. They also avoided my question in regards to whether or not there would be a different in cost.

Cablevision dosen't have a regular Multi- Room DVR?

Nope! You either get DVR Plus so that you can share recordings across rooms or you go with a standard DVR w/ hard drive so that you can rewind live TV and manage it remotely, but you can't have both. But of course they don't tell you this when you sign up... only afterwards did I find this out.

Supposedly (according to both a regular rep and a retention rep) they had a big meeting about this and they're working on it, but their primary focus is working out the existing bugs before rolling out "new" functionality. so there's no ETA as to when this basic functionality will be implemented.

Nope! You either get DVR Plus so that you can share recordings across rooms or you go with a standard DVR w/ hard drive so that you can rewind live TV and manage it remotely, but you can't have both. But of course they don't tell you this when you sign up... only afterwards did I find this out.

Supposedly (according to both a regular rep and a retention rep) they had a big meeting about this and they're working on it, but their primary focus is working out the existing bugs before rolling out "new" functionality. so there's no ETA as to when this basic functionality will be implemented.

Well that is stupid. If you are going to go with a new provider both DirecTV and Dish Network are great. I wouldn't go with U-Verse due to AT&T not going Fiber to the Home they don't have enough bandwidth to provide good PQ on the HD channels and that you can only watch or record 2 HD shows at a time due to the bandwidth limitation. Hopefully they will give you an offer to keep your internet service through them.

Well that is stupid. If you are going to go with a new provider both DirecTV and Dish Network are great. I wouldn't go with U-Verse due to AT&T not going Fiber to the Home they don't have enough bandwidth to provide good PQ on the HD channels and that you can only watch or record 2 HD shows at a time due to the bandwidth limitation. Hopefully they will give you an offer to keep your internet service through them.

DirecTV is what I had at my old house and although there were little glitches here and there, these problems with cable are only reinforcing my decision to switch away from cable in the first place. We're currently in a temporary housing situation so I didn't want to take on a satellite contract here, but it's starting to look like it'll be worth it to just pay the DirecTV early termination fee when that time comes. I guess I'll just see how it goes over the next couple of months with cable to see if they fix any of this and then decide.

Don't do it!

Any updates? I was thinking of going back to CV from D*

Don't do it!

I swapped the boxes for the newly released Samsung boxes which were supposed to be better and improve the rewind and fast forward performance. It solved only ONE of the problems but introduced two others. And on top of all that, the rewind/ffwd performance was NOT improved at all. It's almost faster to actually watch the commercials than to try to fast forward through them.

It's so bad that my wife and I weren't able to put our D* account on hold at the house we're trying to sell because we had to go back there on a regular basis to watch shows that cable neglected to record (or missed the beginning or the end). We're going back to live there a week and a half from now, and at that point I'm dropping cable entirely in our temporary home. It will NEVER enter a residence of mine again.

If you want to see (almost) all the problems I've had with this service, check out my review on yelp:
Cablevision Systems of Southern Connecticut - Norwalk, CT

Thanks for your reply, i guess i will stick with D* for now. The only problem i have with D* is rain fade witch i never had much of when i installed the dish's myself, but now the new dish's have more lnb's and i belive one is on a weaker c band satellite. When it rain's i don't loose all channels. Anyway i have fios as a backup and i'm on a promo for both so i will have to choose when the promo's are up. The reason for me wanting C* is they have some hd channels i like. Thank's again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts